Teaching About Sexuality and the Sort

You know, the world we're living in just seems to become worse and worse....

There's a thing called Amaze.org, and it has videos on YouTube. On Fox, they showed a clip from one of the videos on porn, so I went to dislike it. Taking a glance at the video, it really is horrible. I was going to watch the whole thing before disliking, but I decided that I was better off not to. Now, out of curiosity, I went on the channel to try and find out what age it targets, but as I'm trying to find it, I keep having to pause this video about STDs on its channel, and even once I do that, the audio still continues!! I have never had this problem; I had to x out of it without finding out the answer to my question to get it to stop.

But seriously, wtf. I really hope you can't even see the video in any searches or anything unless you log in because depending on the age, kids should REALLY not be seeing that!!!

Now, the other day in Abnormal Psych, we were talking about teaching kids about sexuality. As I said in my MB, we were talking about sexual disorders, gender dysphoria, and, basically, kinks, and my professor encouraged us to normalize talking about sex, to teach our kids early about sex, so that the parent becomes the "knowledge holder," which I understand the argument of. I think she addressed it relatively well, admitting that we don't know when is the right time to teach about sex. But she really emphasized that it should be the parents that teach their kids about it. And it should be objective. Both things that the channel Amaze org clearly did not abide by.

It was biased in the opposite direction, talking like porn was this wonderful thing. A commenter (although I couldn't see any dislike stats on the video, despite that there were thousands of likes) even mentioned that a good portion of porn videos disrespect women in some way (whether it's in the making of the film, the content of the film, or what), and I know for a fact that that's true. I don't know if it's as bad as the commenter made it out to be, but porn (including hentai) is what gave me almost all of my kinks, including rape and even PEDOPHILIA.

And Amaze mentioned that porn was free - basically implying that they're referring to internet porn, where you can really go down the rabbit hole, and trust me when I tell you that although it takes barely any time to bury yourself in there, it takes a lot of work and time to dig yourself out. I dug myself out of the pedophilia hole, but I haven't gotten myself out of the rape hole yet. In other words, you're not only risking kids' innocence but also creating pedophiles. And I say that with certainty because although the number is uncertain, I most definitely think that someone will eventually end up becoming a pedophile in part because of watching that video, if the video is not contained.

Just like gender-changing surgery, which I'm going to address next, you have to weigh out the potential consequences. What good can come out of videos like this? A few parents find it and use it to teach their kids? But then wouldn't Amaze be the true "knowledge holder"? If so, wouldn't the internet in general then become their main source for learning about sex? Or people who feel awkward about this kind of stuff watch it and learn that sex isn't a bad thing? THEN MAKE SURE KIDS AREN'T EXPOSED TO IT; ONLY THOSE WHO ALREADY KNOW ABOUT PORN SHOULD BE WATCHING THAT VIDEO. And if someone is really that awkward, a good chunk of those people are going to be too awkward to actually watch the video. I know I felt like I was gonna puke just looking through the video, and I WRITE smut!

So basically, parents should be the ones teaching about sex-related topics. And we need to figure out what the best way to go about it is (i.e. do we teach about masturbation before the opposite sex, or do we teach masturbation after intercourse?, how much detail do we go into and when?, etc.).

AND AVOID UNRESTRICTED INTERNET PORN, PLEASE---