12 years past - Mikey

AN: so this was a possibly ending for the 'Save Me' book I'm writing but then I decided it didn't fit, I still like it though so rewrote a bit and decided to share :) hope you like it***

Takemichi returned to the future after loosing Y/N in the past, he turned to Naoto with wide eyes.

"We have to find Y/N!" He cried, Naoto disappeared for a while but when he returned he seemed shocked.

"She's in prison!" Takemichi shouted

"Handed herself in 12 years ago for the murder of Hanma and Kisaki"

"Can we see her?" He asked quietly and Naoto nodded and made the arrangements.

They sat in the waiting area eagerly watching the door.

Y/N walked in, her once long hair now short and dark.

"Takemichi, I was wondering if you'd show up" she smiled softly sitting.

"What did you do Y/N?" Takemichi sat down across from her.

"Don't worry Takemichi it's all good, I protected my friends - Emma's alive, Mikey's good, Draken's happy, Hina's ok. It's all right now"

"But your in here" he replied sadly.

"It's a small price to pay" she shrugged.

"When do you get out?" he asked tilting his head, maybe he could help her get out.

"I don't know, to be honest I don't know what I'll do when I do get out. No-one knows I'm here and I would like to keep it that way."

"How do they not know where you are?" Please tell me what happened" he yelled in shock.

"After I took care of Hanma and Kisaki I took over Tenjiku, ordered them all to stay away from Mikey, Emma, Draken and Toman as a whole. Then I disbanded them and turned myself in, part of my arrangement when I was arrested was my name would be kept quiet, no-one could know who I was - I convinced them I needed a kind of witness protection and I've been here ever since" she shrugged again and he wondered how she was so ok with the way her life turned out. She used to have such big dreams, now she sat in a cell, alone and separated from the family she worked so hard to protect.

"I'm going to get you out, then we'll go see everyone and it will all be ok" Takemichi smiled but Y/N didn't.

"Takemichi it's been 12 years, I betrayed them then disappeared without a word- they don't want anything to do with me and I will respect that" her tone was final but Takemichi wouldn't hear it shaking his head sending tears and snot everywhere.

"No! Your wrong and I'll prove it!"

It took a few weeks but they found out that Y/N was eligible for parole, her good behaviour making her the perfect candidate. She was released and taken in my Takemichi and Hina, she expected Hina to kick her out but instead the woman hugged her tightly and thanked her.

"I know about Takemichi's gift, I know why you did what you did and I thank you, you gave me this life and I promise you I haven't wasted it, you welcome here as long as you need" she smiled sweetly before leaving to cook dinner, Y/N stood frozen still trying to process what she had just heard...

It took 2 weeks for her to settle in with Hina and Takemichi, every day he tried to take her to meet Draken and Mikey but she always refused, once she made it to the door of the shop then took off running full speed. He didn't find her for hours but when he did she informed him he was an idiot and that she couldn't just walk back into their lives.

Takemichi wouldn't hear of it, he helped her readjust to society but also reminded her of how much her brother loved her and how much he had missed her.