sᴘᴇᴀᴋ sᴏғᴛʟʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁.. 69

☁︎♪♪☁︎♪♪☁︎

One year later.

Boulevard by Dan Byrd played in the background as the girls dressed up for the night.

They'd been on an epic girl's night streak for about three days now- Laura didn't know how they were still maintaining this, considering their separate jobs.

Alas, everyone seemed up for it. There was obviously, Rydel, Vannesa, Alex, Savannah, Raini and even Courtney in the group.

It was safe to say they were a large one.

It all started with a call from Rydel- she'd asked if Laura wanted to go out.

This wasn't uncommon- they hung out together pretty often, but when she actually got to her house - the full plan unfolded.

All the girls had gotten that same call. Rydel explained that she was really craving some good ol' girly time- her husband and kids, she loved, but she thought it was time they went out just like 'they used to'. Capron was taking care of everything for the few days, which she thanked her lucky stars for.

Laura wasn't sure how to feel about it- she could go out with them once but she wasn't the type of person to constantly want to be out, or the person to really 'fit' into the girl squad thing they had going on.

But, Vannesa argued that she wasn't either, and maybe this would be good for her- blowing off some steam, taking time to relax.

The boys had been on tour for a while now (Rydel couldn't go because of her third pregnancy), and she'd been missing Ross like she was missing a limb.

They'd gotten used to living together by that point, considering how they'd been living in their own house for three years now.

She was thirty, yet she still felt like a teenager when she thought about how much she missed him. Three months had been tough to get through, but.. at least there was two more weeks left before it ended.

That wasn't too bad right?

She'd went to see him once or twice, but her schedule was tight, so she couldn't really stick around.

I'd gotten her down and a little upset, and she thought the people around her were staring to notice it too. Rydel literally told her that she wanted her to stick along, and maybe I'd make her feel better until the boys were back.

She'd agreed. First day was pretty chill- they cooked together and drank wine at Vanni's house, went shopping, then did a sleepover there too.

Riker was also on tour, so they practically had the place to themselves. Laura had offered her house too- considering it was bigger and that's where they usually would meet up, but the girls had agreed on Vanni's since they'd thought I'd be a good change.

She shrugged that off, and actually ended up having a blast. Ross even facetimed her during the sleepover - they'd facetime at least once every day, and he seemed pretty happy to see her smiling and having fun.

The second day they went out for lunch together at a fancy restaurant, then did their nails, and went back to Vanni's to get ready for the club.