ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴏɴs

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 9.. .

☁︎♪♪☁︎♪♪☁︎

Yep. That was her.

That was her with those familiar brown hair and eyes, standing tall even though several inches shorter than him.

She gave him a smile when she heard her name, and he noticed everyone that was inside were now making their way outside as well.

"Hey bestie" she weaved a bit with a teasing smile.

The distance between them was large to say the least, with him standing there next to the barbeque and her in the middle of his lawn, but he could still feel her presence strongly.

It made his heart feel at ease.

Sometimes when he stared at her, he swore he could see his past.

"Bestie?" he chuckled at the nickname, and she raised an eyebrow.

"Are you not? Is this the wrong Ross Lynch? How many are there?" she questioned, faking a thinking face.

"It's the right one" Ross nodded, smiling as he walked down the two steps of the deck where the barbeque stood, and walked over to her, immediately opening his arms for her to hop in even thought he was still walking over to her.

She gave him a smile as he approached her, and immediately hugged his torso when he was close enough seeing at it was the easiest way for her to hug him with their height difference.

As she squeezed him she felt warm all over.

"Yeah, definitely the right one" she murmured, and then looked up at him.

He looked down at her and chuckled "And just like that we finally meet"

"It's a pleasure to see your face not from the screen of my iPad for once" she nodded, finally pulling away.

Just as she did Thomas took a step next to her, wrapping a hand around her waist.

"It's been long" he nodded at her, eyes on Thomas's hand, and then finally looking up at his face.

"Great to see you too man" he opened his arm in front of him.

"Likewise mate" Thomas took his hand, shaking it.

The boys then let go of the hands with Thomas looking somewhere else, and Ross clearing his throat.

Damn it why was he so awkward all of a sudden?

"O-kay" Laura chuckled, and then looked behind Ross to see some of his cousins "Guys! I haven't seen you all since you were in middle school! Now you're taller than me and everything"

And so the afternoon continued, and after saying hi to every single person in the room - which took a while considering the amount of people - Laura and Thomas finally got to sit down, grabbing some random outdoor chairs that were scattered around for people to sit on.

Laura had Alex and Savannah sat by her side.

As Laura was having a conversation with Mark (who stood in front of her) Ross approached her again as he heard her speak.