Untitled Part 36

The Umbrella Academy. That's how many people call it. Even though it's not an Academy. It's an orphanage built by the multimillionaire Reginald. People call it Academy because the orphan kids are schooled there as well. People think that the man must love kids that he build that place that looked more like a home than a normal orphanage. But in reality, the man doesn't give a shit about all the kids. He only cares about his own image.

Five was the youngest kid there. He was 9 years old. Most of the other kids are around 12 or 13. The oldest are a bunch of kids that are 17 years old. They are lucky. They would have to stay there one more year and then they would be able to leave and live their lives how they please.

Five was ignored by all the kids. Not because he was much younger than the others. But because he was smarter as well. He always saw them shooting him glares at him, every time he answers correctly in their lessons, and the teachers are praising him for his smarts. That's why he was alone all the time. After he was finishing the lessons he always locked himself in the library or his room. Like right now. He was in the library reading a book when he heard the door opening.

"Oh. Hello, there little one"Five removed his attention from the book and he looked to see a 17 years old boy. His hair was shoulder-length and curly, and he could see that he was wearing makeup. Oh. And he was wearing a skirt too. He may be only 9 years old but he wasn't confused by the teenager's choice of clothes. If that's what he likes to wear then so be it.

"Ahh. Hi", Five said his voice small and shy. He wasn't really an expert in conversation, as no one talks with him or wants to be his friend.

"Aww. Aren't you an adorable little fella", The teenager said as he sat down beside the boy. "My name is Klaus. What's your name ?"

"Five. Don't ask. I don't know why I was named like this, so don't ask" Five said immediately when he saw the confused look on Klaus's face.

"Alright. Are you new here? I haven't seen you before"
Of course, he would say that. If kids close to his age don't notice him. Of Klaus's age, he didn't have expectations.

"No. I've been here since I was 5. Now I'm 9"

"Oh.". Klaus said. He was a little disappointed in himself. He likes little kids but it's the first time he meet Five and he had been there for 4 years and he had never known. "Do you want to meet my friends? *

" Why? "Five asked confused.

"My friends and I like little kids. Not in a creepy way. Just that they are adorable. You are adorable" Klaus said and Five shot him a glare which made him look even more adorable. "Soo"

"Alright" Klaus smiled and he stood up and he held a hand out. Five closed his book and took Klaus's hand and together they walked out of the library. They walked into one of the bedrooms and when inside Five saw 5 more teenagers around Klaus's age. A woman with dark skin and curly black hair dressed in a grey shirt and brown pants. An Asian boy with short black hair, dressed in a black hoodie and black jeans. A boy, shorter than the others, with short black hair, dressed in a white blouse and blue jeans. Another boy with slightly long black hair. Not as long as Klaus but longer than the others, dressed head to toe in black. And a boy, taller than everyone, the only one who was blonde and not with black hair, dressed in a green blouse and sweatpants.

"Hey, guys. I'm back" Klaus said gaining everyone's attention. The attention was moved immediately to Five.

"Klaus. What's with the kid?" The blonde teen asked confused. The orphanage was full of kids yes. But none of them stay with them because they are much older

"This is Five. I found him in the library and I asked him if he wants to stay with us. And he said yes. Five. These are Luther, Diego, Allison, Ben, and Viktor", he said as he pointed to each person as he said their name.