Untitled Part 61

Five likes to sing. Or to hum. He doesn't know if he has a nice voice or not. He only did it when he was sad or drunk. Or when he wanted to fill the endless silence with something. He started doing it in the Apocalypse. It was always quiet there. And the silence was driving him crazy. Dolores tried to help him. But in the end, her voice was just in his head. And it didn't help in drowning the silence. So he started to hum. It was some songs that he heard Viktor playing on his violin.  Humming helped him. Then he started to sing. It wasn't any song he heard. It was something that he had made up by himself. Random words. Gibberish. But it helped. There was none there to tell him to stop because it was annoying or because his voice was horrible. 

Then he was taken by the Commison. He stopped singing and humming. Or that's what he thought. He was still doing it more when he was drunk than when he was sad. This time there were songs that he heard on the radio every time he went on the missions. He continued to do it because there was none who told him to stop. Then one day he had been on a mission with the Handler. He hates that woman. He was perched on the rooftop with his sniper and the woman was behind him, supervising him. Like she doesn't know by now that he always completes his missions. He started humming as he was waiting for his target but soon he had been stopped by the Handler's voice.

"Stop doing that. It's annoying and your voice is scratching my brain. And it would make you lose your focus."She said. And he doesn't know why he listened to her of all the people. But he stopped.

Then he returned back in 2019 and he was back in a 13-year-old body. And he fucking hates it. This body may be more agile and has more stamina. But he's more weak and the alcohol intolerance is way lower than in his old body. Without knowing when he was drunk he started to sing and hum again, not caring if someone is going to hear him.

He's in 1963 and he has just killed the Commison board. He's bloody and he waits for the Handler to arrive as he holds the plastic bag with A.J in it. And he hums.

"You are still doing this darling?"Five cringed as he heard the woman's annoying voice. "I told you that it's annoying. It made people want to cut their ears off. Oh, maybe you can sing when your siblings would be dead. They won't complain. They won't say how horrible you are."Five wants so much to kill her. He gave her the fish, saying that he would stop killing. That this was the last time he did it, pretending that he didn't hear her words about his singing. He doesn't even know why he was so bothered by her words. Maybe because he was thinking that he was finally good at something that wasn't killing? She gave him the briefcase and of course that she backstab him by giving him a time limit. That fucking woman.

What's ironic is that she was right. The next time he did it, was exactly when his siblings were dead and he was close to dying as well. He hummed softly to himself as he activated his power and used his father's advice and rewound the time and brought everyone back to life.

===============================================================================

After they were back in their timeline he stopped singing or humming. Because a part of him was giving The Handler right and he was horrible at it. His siblings moved back into their house and no that there was no more danger, they wanted to start being a normal family. A normal family that likes to invade his personal space no matter how much he yells at them. So he stopped because his siblings would hear it. And it broke his heart only thinking of them mocking him for his horrible singing. 

Then one day he was sitting on the couch in the living room, with a notebook as he doodled. He started doing it again without knowing it. He was singing the melody that he had recently heard it. He was so focused on his doodling that he didn't hear another person walking inside and then stopping and looking at him.