Untitled Part 53

The idea had come out of nowhere. All of them were relaxing in the living room, except for Five. After dinner the boy had returned back to his room, brushing away his siblings' attempts to make him stay with them. "I had enough craziness at dinner. Thank you very much", he had said before he retired to his room.

"Hey. What if we throw Five a party", Klaus said immediately, making the others look confused at him.

"A party?"Viktor asked.

"Yes. You know. To celebrate his success of saving the world two times. And make out for the loss of the birthdays that he spent in the Apocalypse."

"Klaus. We didn't have birthday parties either. "Not even when they moved out. The day didn't feel special if you don't have anyone to spend it with. And when they were kids. The only thing close to a birthday party was them sneaking out at night to go and eat donuts. At least their father was a little lenient with their training on that day.

"Alright. Then as a celebration for saving the world. You know. With music and balloons and food and all the shit", Klaus said excitedly. And his happiness was contagious because the others started to get in the mode as well.

"Well, that sounds like fun. "Allison said. 

"Yeah. Sounds like fun. But how do you know that Five would like it? Or more importantly. How do we make sure that Five won't find out about it before it's finished"Luther said

"I don't think that it's a problem with Five finding out. Five lives in his room 24/7 when he's not forced out from the room" Viktor said. Which was true. And a little concerning. They need to force him more often out of the room.

"And about him not liking. Well, I have a feeling that he would like it" Klaus said as he rubbed his hands giddily. He ignored Ben who told him that the others would put all the blame on him if Five won't like it. And that he would pray for his soul once Five would come after him. He ignored it because like he had said. He had a feeling that Five would like it.

So the operation party for Five had officially started.

Luther, Diego, and Viktor teamed up to go and buy decorations for the party. Friday morning the three brothers left at the first hour at the mall to buy party decorations.  The first thing on the cart had been balloons. And of course, Diego and Luther started to argue between blue and green. Diego wanted green ballons because they were matching Five's eyes. Luther wanted blue balloons because they matched the glow of Five's powers.

Viktor pinched the bridge of his nose. He wished that he was with Klaus, Allison, and Ben, taking care of the food, instead of being here. "Hey. Idiots. Why don't you take both colors?" he asked annoyed and he threw two packest of blue and green balloons Also some red and yellow too. He pushed the cart away leaving his two brothers behind.

Fortunately, they managed to stop arguing about the other decorations. They brought multicolored fairy lights and white and black garland. Also at Viktor's suggestion, some plastic flowers as well. 

A few hours when they got back home, the house was devoid of any movement. Five was most likely still in his room and the others were still probably out, shopping for food. "Well, hopefully, Five won't get out any time soon. So let's start, so until tomorrow evening, we are finished"Luther said as he started to push the couches and tables away to have space. It would be a challenge when the living room would be full of decoration. But hopefully, Five won't come down and one of them would bring his food into the room.

Viktor started to make the ballons as Luther went after the ladder and Diego was keeping watch. When Luther returned Diego pulled out the fairy lights and he handed them to Luther as Viktor started to tie the balloons to the walls. A couple of hours later they heard it. The noise of footsteps coming downstairs. Viktor immediately grabbed a blanket, that was on one of the couches, and threw it on the ballons. Well, they were covered a little. Maybe Five won't notice the cover on the wall. But there was the problem of Luther still on the ladder hanging the lights. Panicking Diego did the only thing he could think of as Five footsteps grew closer. He pushed Luther and the ladder to the ground. Luther groaned in pain and he shot a glare at Diego. But Diego covered his mouth.