Untitled Part 72

Five's no paranoid. No way. He was not checking his equation and writing more because he was paranoid. He just wants to make sure that nothing bad would happen. And if it doesn't then he would have the solution to solve them. That's right. He was just preparing in case another catastrophe would happen.

...

...

Who's kidding? Of course, he's paranoid. But can you blame him? He disobeys his father so he can time travel and when he managed to do that he had arrived in a post-apocalyptic world from where he couldn't leave anymore. He had been stuck there for 45 years. And then he had been recruited by the Commission which it was even more hell than in the Apocalypse and he had to work as an assassin until he had found a way to get back to his family. And when he got back, not only was he stuck in his 13-year-old body. Which he hates by the way. But he had no way of knowing who would cause the Apocalypse and all his siblings were useless. And when he managed to finally find out who it was. His brother who all of them thought that he was ordinary which was untrue. It was too late because Viktor had no control over his powers and he destroyed the moon forcing Five to send his siblings in 1960.

And if that was not enough when he arrived in 1963 he had seen his siblings dying. And there was another Apocalypse. He really doesn't catch a breath. Doesn't he? And it was worse because his siblings were spread everywhere now and they didn't give a shit about the end of the world. Or about what he says in general. For goodness sake, he had done everything to keep his siblings safe, he had done the heavy lifting as they relaxed and they didn't have the decency to show themselves in time to get away from there. And of course, because of that, The Handler Backtabeed him. Not unexpected. And sent the whole Commission to kill him and his family. Which they did. Yes. He had seen his siblings die. Again. Luckily for once he listened to his father who even though he was still an asshole, at least gave him a piece of useful advice and he managed to bring his family back and he killed the witch. And luckily thanks to Herb they've been offered another briefcase and they managed to get back home.

Everyone might try to relax and act like it's over and nothing happen. But not Five. He can't sleep. He barely eats. His brain doesn't shut up and he's always on the edge ready for something bad to happen anytime soon. Shame that he didn't take into the calculation that 'something bad' might have something to do with his sister.

===============================================================================-

Allison was feeling depressed. She had learned to accept that she won't see her daughter anymore when she had been sent in the '60s. Not a great place for her. But at least her heart had been healed when she had found love in Ray. Then her brother was back. Which was great and everything. And of course, he was back bringing bad news. Like always. But then they got the chance to get back in 2019 after everything had been solved and she, like the others had taken it without hesitancy. She would miss Ray and he would miss her. But they both know that her place was not there. She was happy to be back. Because she would be able to see her daughter again.

Unfortunately, she was not so lucky. She had missed her court-issued therapy session and she was not in good grace with her therapist and the court anymore. And because of that, there was a big chance not only to lose the custody of her daughter but there's a chance that she won't be allowed to visit her anymore. And she hates it. She wants to see and hold her child again. Is it really that much to ask? Yes. She made a mistake. But she was trying to make amends.

Allison was broken from her depressing thoughts when she heard someone coming into the kitchen. She didn't even remember how she got there. But here she was in the kitchen holding a now cold cup of tea. Five walked into the kitchen and his destination was the coffee maker. Of course. And God. The kid looks horrible. He was even thinner than when he returned and there were dark circles under his eyes. And his hair and clothes were a mess as well. Five poured himself a cup of coffee and was about to walk away but he was stopped by Allison. "Five. When was the last time you slept?" she asked and her answer was a shrug.