Untitled Part 46

Five had been shot before. When he had been in the missions. So it's not a foreign feeling towards him. But somehow being shot by his brother. Well, that feels different. More painful. But that's not a reason to stop now. They need the briefcase and to send his younger-older self through the portal. They managed to do it with some struggle because of the pain in his side. But the briefcase was destroyed as well.

"We did it", Luther said happily and Five rolled his eyes.

"The briefcase you idiot", Five said as he passed his brother.

Luther's smile died from his face as he watched the sparkling briefcase. Well, that goes their chance of going back to their timeline. He turned around, to ask Five what should they do now. He always has a backup plan. But he froze when he saw him leaning against the fence, with one hand on his side. And he could see from there, blood pouring from his side.

"Five", he said as he rushed towards him. "What happened?"

Five rolled his eyes as he looked annoyed at his brother. "You shot me. Have you forgotten already?" 

Shit. He had thought that he had missed him. "We need to go back to Elliot...."

"I'm fine", Five said as he pushed himself away from the fence. Of course, he would say something like this. Five would hide wounds and he would bleed to death and he would still say that he's fine. And he calls them idiots. For how smart the kid is, when it comes to his health, he's very stupid. He was about to force Five in going back to Elliot so he could treat his wound. When he was about to do that Five stopped. 

"Five?"Luther asked and he rushed to his side when his brother swayed on his feet and he caught him before he could hit the floor. "Shit", he said as he looked at the now pale and unconscious brother who was still bleeding. Well, at least he won't protest about going back to Elliot. He picked his brother gently and he started to make his way to the man's house, without jostling his brother too much.

When he had gotten there he kicked the door open and walked inside, resulting in a yelp from Elliot when he saw the bloody boy. "What... What happened?"

"He had been shot", he said and he lowered Five on the couch.

"Shot!"Elliot yelped. "And why you didn't bring him to the hospital?"His question had been met by a glare from Luther. "Oh yeah. Stupid question. "Of course, he won't be able to bring a bloody and shot kid to the hospital. There would be many questions and he would risk being arrested and Five taken by the CPS. So he would have to treat his brother by himself. How hard it can be? He had seen his mother treating his and his siblings' wounds all the time. Of course, none of them had been a gunshot wound. But it can be that different from other wounds. Right?

Luther removed Five's blazer, vest, and shirt and he turned him on his left side."Good. There's an exit wound".Meaning that the bullet is not inside anymore. "Elliot. Bring me something to stop the bleeding, bandages, antiseptic, and a needle and thread to sewn the wound", he used his leader's voice to order the man, who immediately jumped and went to retrieve what he had asked for.

"For once I'm glad that you passed out kid", Luther told Five as he ran a hand through the raven locks. If not unconscious, Five would have struggled and he would have lost more blood. He was also pleased with himself and he had noticed the bleeding wound. Of course, he had been careless and stupid and he hadn't noticed when he had shot his brother. But at least he noticed until it wasn't too late.

Elliot returned a few minutes later with everything he asked for before he backed away, to not be in the way. Luther grabbed the cloth and he pressed against the wound, to stop the bleeding, making his brother whimper and twitch. Luther shushed him gently as he kept him in place. He removed the cloth, and he cursed when he saw that the blood was still pouring. At this point, if the bleeding is not stopping then he would have to risk the hospital. Five groaned when he pressed harder against the wound. "I know. I know. It's alright. It would be over soon", he whispered to his brother as he rubbed his arm. When he removed the cloth again, he sighed relieved when he noticed that the bleeding had stopped.