Untitled Part 83

"I have important business to attend to", Klaus said that morning to his siblings after he left that house. And of course, Ben went with him. Even if he doesn't want to go everywhere Klaus goes, he can't. Because he's attached to him. To his powers. Well. At least he can make sure that Klaus stays out of trouble. Even if he's a ghost, he can touch the stuff now. Corporal or not. So Ben followed Klaus towards his destination. Which was the mall. Alright. At least he was in a safe place.

He expected for Klaus to go to the clothes section or the make-up one or even the food. But he went to the toys one. "Why are you here?", Ben asked as he saw Klaus looking at some stuffed toys. Squishmallow it read.

Klaus looked around to see if it was safe to talk. He may have not cared in the past, but now he does care if someone saw him talk with the thin air. When he saw that it was safe he looked at Ben. "I want to get one of these to Five"

"Why?" Ben asked baffled. "You know that he would kill you. Right?

"One. Because they are popular with kids these days. And seconds. I can't die"

"You can. You only come back to life" Ben said and Klaus shrugged as he looked at the toys wondering which one to take. "You know that he would probably burn it. Or throw it away. Why waste the money"

"You don't know that my dear ghost brother. Who knows. Maybe Five would grow and love it"

"I doubt so. But whatever. It's your funeral"

"Still can't die"

It took Klaus around 10 minutes to choose a stupid toy. Because every time he took one and he looked at it he put it back seconds later because it wasn't fitting for Five. In the end, he decided on a grey cat squishmallow. "This is fitting. Because Five's like a cat most of the time", he said with a proud smile.

"Just don't tell him that it's popular with kids or he would explode"Ben warned him. After Klaus paid for the toy, Ben thought that he would go back home. But instead, he walked towards the restaurant in the mall. "Where are you going"

"To eat. I'm hungry"

"You had breakfast half an hour ago"

Klaus shrugged. "I'm still hungry" Ben rolled his eyes and he followed Klaus. Even after he finished eating, Klaus didn't went home instantly. Instead, he spend some more time in the mall. He didn't buy anything anymore. He just looked around. He spend there around one more and a half before he decided that it was time to go back home and gift Five his squishmallow.

=============================================================================

Five was in his room, as per usual when Klaus walked in. "Hey Fivey", he said happily, Five lifted his head from his book and he looked at his brother disinterested

"What do you want?"

"I have a gift for you, "Klaus said Five looked a little curious. He pulled out the grey cat and the curious was melted and replaced by annoyance. 

"Is this a joke?"

"Nope. I heard that squishmallows are very popular with kids these days and I figured to get you one as well" Klaus said proudly as he put the cat on the chair. He saw Ben face palming and he had a second to duck before the book could hit him. 

"Get out"Five yelled at Klaus. 

"Alright. I'm leaving. Geez"Klaus said as he walked out from the room but he left the toy in Five room.

Five got out of the bed and he grabbed the book, glaring at the toy that was sitting on the chair innocently. He climbed back on the bed and he continued to read, trying to ignore the offending object. But he couldn't ignore it for so long. It was like the toy was telling him 'Look at me. Look at me. Pay attention to me' Five sighed and he pulled his books away and he got put from the bed again and he walked to the chair where the toy was and he picked it out. "You are kind of ugly", he said as he looked at the toy. Well not really, Uts was actually pretty cute. But he would die first then admit it aloud. "You are pretty squishy", he said as she squished the toy. He sighed and took the toy in his bed and grabbed back his book. This time he was able to focus on the book. 

----

Five didn't know what time it was when he woke up with a gasp. It was still dark outside so it was late or early morning. Five moved on his back and he covered his eyes with his forearm trying to make his body shake. He shouldn't be surprised that he woke up from a nightmare. He always does and then he couldn't fall back asleep. So this night shouldn't be that different. Right? Five moved on his left side and he saw the gray cat on the pillow where he left it. He looked at it and it looked back at him. It was just a small stupid toy. But he could feel comfort coming from it. He knew that in the morning he would think that it was stupid, but he really couldn't lose any more sleep. Or he would collapse from exhaustion. Not even coffee helps him at this point. He sighed and he grabbed the toy and he squeezed it against his chest before he closed his eyes. He fell back asleep in a matter of minutes.

================================================================================

Klaus is not the only one who does it. He knows that Ben does it and defiantly Five does it as well. He woke up many times to see his little brother peeking in his room to treasure himself that he and the others are alive. Klaus does it too. Almost every night before he goes back to sleep. He goes into his siblings' room and checks to see if they are alright then he goes to sleep reassured by the idea that they are.

He had checked on everyone and now he was in front of Five room. Sometimes at this time, Five was awake. And he would not go back to sleep until morning. Even if it's barely past midnight. He knows that the reasons are nightmares. And he wishes that Five would not brush his attempts at helping him. But he was too stubborn for his own good. He opened the door preparing to see Five awake. But as he walked inside he was surprised to see that he was asleep. And it was a peaceful sleep. As he moved closer Klaus gasped when he saw that Five was sleeping with his gift in his arms. He thought that Five would throw it in the wardrobe or in the trash. Or even burn it as Ben said. But no. He actually cuddled with it. And he was sooo adorable. He wishes to have his phone to take some pictures. He looked at his brother for a few more seconds before he walked out from the room. "Told you that he would like it", he told Ben with a smug smile as he closed the door to leave his brother to sleep peacefully with his new friend.