Untitled Part 12

It had only started as a joke. A few days after they returned from '60 everyone had returned to their own lives. Of course, they all live in the mansion now. Except when they went to get away from their crazy lives. But it doesn't change the fact that everyone has something to do and Five was alone almost all day, every day.

Then one day when Klaus returned home, from wherever he had been with Ben, he walked to Five who was reading a book, lying on the couch, in the living room. Klaus cleared his throat when he saw that Five wasn't looking at him. So they give sighed exasperated and pulled the book away to look at this brother who...

Five blinked a couple of times. His brother grinned at him as he was holding in his arms a stuffed fox. it wasn't that big. It could fit in Klaus's cupped hands. "Ahh. Should I even ask?"

"Well my darling little brother".Five growled. "When I was walking through the town with Ben I couldn't happen to not notice this adorable stuffed fox. And then I thought about you and how you are always alone and you may need a companion", he said as he placed the fox in his brother lap.

"I'm not a little kid Klaus", Five hissed. "I don't need a stuffed toy"But Klaus only shrugged and he walked away. He knew that Five would most likely burn the toy or ripe it in shreds. Five groaned and he looked at the fox that was still perched in his lap. He picked it up and he noticed how soft it was. Its fur was reddish-brown with white at its neck, eyes, and top of the tail. and black paws. He didn't burn the fox. He put it beside him and returned to his book. And the next day when he was alone again, he grabbed the stuffed toy and kept it with him until the others returned home. Somehow he wasn't feeling that alone anymore.

===============================================================================

The next time it happened was when Allison spotted the fox by mistake. She had returned home earlier than usual and when she walked into the living room, she saw Five hiding something under a pillow when she heard her. She was curious but she knew that if she asked Five what he had hidden, he would negate that he had done something like this. So when her brother stood up and walked into the kitchen she rushed to the couch immediately and removed the pillow and saw a stuffed fox toy.

Allison smiled when she saw it, not a teasing or a cruel smile. But a happy one. Happy that Five was owning something like this. That he was learning to be a kid. Teenagers can have stuffed toys too. Not only little kids.

A few days later she left for LA to visit her daughter for a few days. She had missed her so much and she wanted to have more time to spend with her. When she returned she brought presents for everyone. And Five was horrified when she presented him with a stuffed otter. It was definitely bigger than the little fox. It was light brown with white on its belly and beady eyes like the fox.

"You have to be fucking kidding me", he said through gritted teeth as Allison pushed the toy in his arms.

"What. He's cute. " Allison said and glared at Diego who laughed his ass off. 

"I'm not a little kid"

"Teenagers and grown-ups can have stuffed toys too. It's not a rule where it says that they can't"

Five grumbled as he walked upstairs to his room, dragging the otter after him.

"He would probably burn it or ripped it to shreds," Klaus said and Allison smiled a knowing smile.

"He won't. " 

Of course, he didn't. He threw it on the bed, beside the fox. Fairly speaking he didn't know why he wasn't throwing the toys away. That night Five gasped as he woke up from a nightmare. A nightmare about the apocalypse where the dead bodies of his siblings were haunting him. He felt something soft beside him and he saw the stuffed otter. He grabbed it and cuddled with it. It was proof that his siblings were still alive. He fell back asleep in a matter of minutes. A nightmare-free one.