Untitled Part 63

When they returned back to 2019 something had happened. Is either because of his powers or because of the briefcase. He doesn't know. But when they were back and Five looked at his siblings he was shocked to see them as little kids instead of adults. Even Ben was there. So yeah. He never catches a break. Because he's thrown from one problem to another. But hey. At least there's no other apocalypse. Right? So that's an improvement, from savior to a babysitter. Taking care of his siblings was not an easy thing. When they have been at this age for real, they were quiet and well-behaved. Most of the time. But their memories must have been altered because they were so energetic and all little shits.

He had to run after them through the whole house, to make them sit down and eat or to put them to sleep. And it wasn't happy at all. The kids are full of energy and they don't listen. They sneak out from the house too. Which is no good. Luckily he catches them before they leave the courtyard. One day he thought that he had lost them. He had woken up and his siblings weren't in bed. And neither downstairs. He almost had a heart attack. He thought that they had left the house. Fortunately, he had found them when he heard Ben giggle in the kitchen. The kids were all hiding in the cupboards. He doesn't know why. He doesn't want to ask. He thought that this would last a couple of days and then they would be back to normal. He really hoped that it wasn't the same thing that happened to him. He was too young to take care of 6 children and too old to deal with their shit. So when a week had passed he started to get anxious. He doesn't have any other choice. He would need to talk with Herb at the Commission. So after he gave the kids clear instructions to not leave the house and that he would be back as fast as he could. Of course, his siblings weren't very happy.

"No. You can't go. What if you get in danger?"Diego asked and Five was surprised by the protectiveness in his young voice.

"I won't be in any danger"

"You can't know that. Let us come with you. We will protect you", Luther said and the others nodded vigorously.

Wow. His siblings are more protective towards him when they are kids than when they are grown-ups. Five sighed and he kneeled in front of them. "The place where I go. It's not safe for you.."

"But that means that it's not safe for you either", Ben said stopping Five mid-sentence.

Well yeah. He's right. There are many people there who are not happy that he killed the Handler and the Board. But he can't tell them that. "It's safe for me there because I've been there before. I will be back as fast as possible.

It had been hard but his siblings had been assured that he would be fine by himself there. Five teleported himself into the Commission building.

===============================================================================

"Herb", Five said as he kicked the office door with his foot and he stormed inside. He scared the man shitless. Five was definitely pissed.

"Mr. Number Five. What can I do for you?" he asked nervously.

Five threw the briefcase that he had used to get himself and his siblings back home. "This shit is defective"

"Why? Aren't you and your siblings back home?"

"Yes. We are. But they have been turned into little kids. They've been kids for a week"

"Maybe it's because of your powers and not the briefcase," Herb said and Five growled. Herb jumped from the chair and he grabbed the briefcase. "You know what. I will have our technicians check it out. It won't take much. Make yourself at home", he said before he stormed out from his office.

He had promised the kids that he would be back fast. But there had been a few hours and he was still in the office pacing around. If Herb had ditched him, he would kill him very slowly and painfully. His thoughts returned back to his siblings. He hopes that they are alright and they didn't get themselves in trouble. Maybe they keep themselves occupied by watching cartoons instead of worrying over him. Finally, one more hour later the door opened and Herb walked inside.