Last Day

After nearly a week in the hospital Do Hwan learned he and Sarang would be discharged tomorrow and would be able to go home, he looked forward to being back home again this time with Sarang and spend even more time with her and have the comfort of his own personal space and his own bed to allow himself more time to fully recover from the birth.

On a bright and sunny morning, Sarang was starting to stir awake but instead, her eyes only partly opened leaving them half-lidded before she had closed them again until she began to move only to be spooked by having her first hiccups.

Watching her Do Hwan couldn't help but smile, "You've got the hiccups haven't you sweet pea huh? Yeah, you've got the hiccups.", he spoke softly watching as her chest jump each time she hiccuped.

He had her laying against his legs with his knees drawn towards his chest, as it seemed to prove well that she liked the position she was laying in and found it comfortable. For a while, he watched as she battled sleep until she eventually she fell into a deep slumber.

Two hours later it wasn't long before Sarang had woken from her sleep and began fussing, seeing that Do Hwan was quick to comfort his daughter. Gently grabbing her hand he rubbed his thumb up and down the back of her hand.

"Hey, It's okay Sarang what's wrong darling? It's okay."

Continuing the soothing ministrations it helped her calm down a little but he could see she was still unsettled. Just as he was about to press the button above his bed to call for a nurse the door opened and he was greeted by a nurse.

"Good morning Mr Woo, I've come to give Sarang her feed and I can show you for the future how to give her this through the tube."

"Of course, thank you."

Watching closley he watched as the nurse began to give Sarang her feed through the feeding tube but it was long before it seemed she was having a hard time. She seemed uncomfortable Do Hwan could only frown in confusion as he then looked towards the nurse.

"Is she alright?"

"She is, It's alright I'll just let her take a breath for a moment and I'll then try again."

Thankfully after a minute or two once she had tried feeding her again and Sarang was accepting the feed.

"It'll take some time but she'll get used to the feeding tube and she should soon be able to put on some weight. I'll be back later to check on her and give her some more feed."

~

A short while later and Do Hwan found himself laying back a little more in as he lay back getting comfortable before gently and carefully laying his daughter on his chest. Grabbing a blanket from beside him, Do Hwan placed it over himself and Sarang to keep her warm and comfortable.

Looking down at her he smiled, "Is better sweetheart?", he didn't need an answer to that as he could see that she was already falling asleep. He was glad that she was able to fall back to sleep and that she was comfortable against his chest.

Gently moving his hand up and down her back he continued the soothing motion watching as it helped her relax and fall into a comfortable sleep, Placing a kiss atop her head a small smile appeared on his face as a sigh of contentment left his mouth. For Do Hwan becoming a father was the best feeling in the world and it still is and nobody could ever change his mind not even for the rest of his whole life because now, he felt complete.