CONFLICT

Carrie and Carmen sat on the front porch of Alpha Victor's house. It was night outside but they could hear pack members gathering on their respective properties.

Some of the kids played together and ran around free, while the adults drank and socialized. The atmosphere was peaceful and happy.

Carmen sat holding her sleeping baby in her arms. She always dreamed of having this type of life. Being a mother and being taken care of financially with no worries or troubles. Although she had the life she always wanted...Carmen felt unsettled by Victor's behavior. She never felt like he was completely hers and wondered why she wasn't allowed to mark and claim him.

"Are you ok?" Carrie asked.

"Oh yeah...just a little tired. New mom woes."

Carrie could see something was wrong.

"Carm, what's wrong and don't lie."

Carmen sat quiet for a few seconds. "Have you marked and claimed Yannis?"

"No...for what?"

Carmen was surprised by her response. How could she not be worried?

"That's what mated werewolves are supposed to do. You and Yannis have a child together...why not do it?"

"It's not that deep for me and him."

"So you don't love him?"

"Of course, I'm obsessed. But I also know this is a business. I've known Yannis since we were pups and Estelle always kept me under her wing. She wanted me to mate with her son, have a few of his pups and I would be very well taken care of for the rest of my life....plus, he's hot and a really good fuck. It was a no-brainer."

Carmen looked down at her son. She loved Victor and wanted him to love her the same. When she first approached him, it was just business for her too, but the more time she spent with him she fell in love.

"It's really bothering you that you haven't marked him?"

"I don't see why he doesn't want me to."

"Look, you live in this big beautiful home, you get everything and anything you want. You eat at expensive restaurants, go on fabulous vacations and shopping sprees. And your son's father is a gorgeous billionaire. What more could you possibly want..."

Carmen sighed and Carrie looked at her suspiciously.

"Oh, I see. This is about Imani...isn't it?" Carrie asked.

"What? Don't be silly. I am not worried about that woman. She's not even a werewolf and if Victor wanted her, he would have been with her already."

Carrie smirked. "But he has been with her...him and Yannis."

"WHAT?!" Carmen's eyes widened.

"She's actually the reason they started getting along with each other and why they started this pack. I'm not sure why they ended but she moved out and wanted them to be Alphas and move on without her."

Carmen sat in shock.

Is she the reason he's not completely mine?

***

Imani walked out of the cafe feeling light as a feather. She loved taking walks in the morning from her job to the cafe, it helps clear her mind. She was no longer sad nor constantly thinking about the pain of not having her loves. Seeing them with their mates is what she needed to let go.

Imani knew she'd always love Yannis and Victor, but now she no longer felt sorrow without them.

Thank God, I finally feel at peace.