The Unwanted Guest

The day after the Meat Sweats fiasco I was chilling in my place. You must be wondering where my crib is. I don't want to brag but I live in one of those ritziest mansions money could buy. My place is in the corner of Manhattan next to the Hudson River; a great view to see New Jersey, especially during a sunset on the terrace. My mansion is a seven-floored townhouse mansion. It was duked with eight bedrooms, eight bathrooms, two half baths, three kitchens, six fireplaces, a big ass basement with and an elevator; some of those bedrooms became my training rooms. Only three bedrooms are vacant: my room, my parents' room, and a spare room for guests. The staff comes and goes as they please; they come, do their jobs, and leave. 

(this picture does not belong to me or the setting

(this picture does not belong to me or the setting. this is the place I imagined Merrill to live in. I do not own this place nor claimed property to it)

Yeah, I got maids and butlers, but I barely talk to them. I don't acknowledge them, and they don't acknowledge me. They get paid regardless. I don't know any of their names, except Lucia (I prefer to call her Lucy).

She was with Mom when she (mom) was a little girl. Lucy is like my grandmother without the bloodline. Lucy comes over in the morning, does her daily housekeeping duties, and leaves after a long day (leaves at 7 or 8 pm). I told her she was welcome to stay in the guest room so she wouldn't hurt her feet, hell, I even offered her a drive, but the little woman is as stubborn as a horse.

So, my morning turned out to be as ordinary as before. I woke up with my hair as messy as a mophead wearing my gray tank top and black shorts. Yeah, the staff isn't shocked about the limbs. I sluggishly walked to the kitchen from the bottom floor not bothering to brush my teeth. All I wanted was my nice cup of coffee. There's a coffee maker my dad bought with a timer. Every night, either Lucy or I, put in coffee grounds in the machine. So as soon as the timer kicks in the machine makes my coffee. There I was thinking I'll get myself a nice early morning coffee after the shit I went through last night. I could enjoy my day. Training regime for two, probably three hours. Read a good book on the terrace. To top off my evening, a good ol' classic horror flick. My mind was reeling to Nightmare on Elm Street.

I walked into the kitchen. My eyes filled with eye crusts. I expected Lucy to serve me coffee. "Here's your coffee. Black like your soul." That's not Lucy. I blinked away the sleepiness. I saw a certain turtle smiling a bright grin. I could've sworn I saw a rainbow and a unicorn dancing over his head. Sparkles fly over to my gloomy cloud.

I grabbed my cup, which was a chibi grim reaper drinking his cup of coffee and too exhausted to care. "Thanks for the coffee." I hobbled out of the kitchen hunched over like the hunchback of Notre Dame without his caffeine. I took one sip the hot liquid touched my lip until I realized I had an uninvited guest. I rushed back to the kitchen. "What the fuck are you doing in MY house?"

Leo spun around in the kitchen and headed upstairs passing the gym. I followed him – my drink left on the kitchen counter – as the curious turtle made his way to the library. "You call this a house? This is a palace! April said you were rich, but she never mentioned you were rollin' in it!" he managed to get in the living room.