The Truth Hurts

I woke up groggy staring at my bedroom ceiling. My bedroom was dark due to my black curtains covering the windows. My prosthetics felt heavier than usual. How did I end up here? I narrowed my eyes trying to piece together the events earlier. Let's see... I was kicking myself after that fucking brat hacked my brain, I called Leo, and went to his place with the sluts, we all were dressed as cat girl maids thanks to Alex, we experienced Red's fear of a puppet rabbit... did I die...?

I jolted sitting up. I became a fucking dark monster! I stared at my hands. Yeah... Leo brought me back... I rushed back home and yelled at the servants to leave. I kept hearing voices until... fuck! I got possessed! I thought I got the hang of this dark mystic art shit. I never imagined I would be consumed by their temptations.

How did I get out of it?

I heard the door handle jiggle. In walks Leo carrying a tray. He saw me awake and gave me a soft smile. "Morning, Sunshine." Despite my dark room, Leo's presence brightened the area. He set the tray on my lap. I looked at the meal. It was a simple breakfast with a plate of scrambled eggs, a glass of orange juice, and a slice of toast. A small blue vase that held a single little purple flower. I couldn't help but smile at the gesture. "Mike found the kitchen and made breakfast... I told him I wanted to do yours 'cause you have that food allergy..."

I lifted an eyebrow. "My allergies to pineapples? Was he cooking anything with pineapples?"

The slider looked away as he tugged his mask tails. "...well... no..."

"Awe. You wanted to make me breakfast in bed. You're such a good housewife."

He gave me a glare. "You're lucky I didn't put pineapples. I'm the one who brought you here and took care of your unconscious body." I inspected my body. I was bare-chested and in my boxer shorts. I touched my stomach. I know I should've noticed this before but there wasn't a scar visible. Mama's Boy literally punctured me. I can't believe I never thought about it.

"Didn't I get pierced?" I found myself asking.

"Um... about that..." I looked at Leo who was rubbing his neck. "You're not the only one who gained special powers..." I quirked an eyebrow. "I recently figured out that I can heal. Pretty cool, huh?" He can heal. That's interesting... I picked up the fork and inspected it. An idea struck my mind. "Don't even think about it", he said, hearing my idea.

"I just want to see how legit it is", I shrugged, saying it like it's not a big deal. I wanted to see how strong his healing factor was. I twirled the utensil around my knuckles and between my fingertips. "I'll make a long cut – it won't be long so don't get your shell in a twist. It shouldn't be a big deal." I was ready to plunge the fork into my chest, but Leo lunged causing me to knock the tray to the floor.

He held my hand with trembling hands. "Please don't... I lost you twice. Don't make it a third time." images flashed in my mind. He cried over my body... holy shit... I was supposed to die. By some miracle, Leonardo brought me back. I have gotten careless. I loosened my grip dropping the fork onto the bed sheets. Leo looked up. I noticed how close we've gotten. His face was inches close to mine. The slender turtle yelped and jumped a little too quickly, almost falling backward if I hadn't grabbed his waist. I pulled him closer until his plastron was up against my chest. His hands lay on my shoulders. We held our gaze. Neither of us dared to move an inch. The slider was gazing between my eyes and then to my lips before gently pushing me away. "Just... don't do things like that. How many times do I have to remind you that you have people who care about you?"

Whatever I've done this time wasn't a pretty site. "How bad was I?" I asked softly. Leo avoided my stare, but I cupped his chin and gently faced his face forward. "On a scale of one to ten, how bad was I?"