Unprepared

We sat together on the roof on the ledge where we had our little battle. My clothes were dirty and torn while Leo's were untouchable. Speaking of the turtle, he sat next to me hugging his knees, sulking. I pulled out my box of cigarettes; and checked how many I had left. I had five. I had a box left at home in case of emergencies; it's a cheap brand. I need to restock soon. Meaning I had to find someone to be my gopher. I pulled out a nicotine stick. I put it in my mouth.

"It's going to kill you." I looked over at Leo. He stayed in the same position. I could tell he was pouting. "I am not pouting!" oh, wow. We still got our connection.

"Ok. Then, you're sulking."

Leo stood. Fire blazing in his eyes. "If it was up to me, I would obliterate you!" talk about a sore loser. "How dare you? Do you know who you are speaking to?"

I stood up as well, leveling his gaze. "Nope. Why don't you tell me since clearing you're not my friend or the woman, Misa who I haven't had the privilege of speaking to." Leo, or whoever possessing him was, grew quiet. "What? Turtle got your tongue?"

Leo scoffed. "Hardly. Your friend was not aware of the change. As of now, he does not know what transpired between us. You don't know what you are up against."

"Enlighten me. I could use a history lesson. Who are you?"

Leo looked beyond the cityscape. "How much were you able to grasp thus far?"

"You first", I challenged.

Leo furiously turned to me with his marks and eyes glowing. "I did not come here for games!"

"Sweetheart, if this was a game, we would be playing Uno right now where I drop a skip and a reverse card along with a plus two. I hate repeating myself. Who. The fuck. Are you?"

The slider stared blankly, ineffective by my aggressive tone. "You may call me Light."

I found myself scoffing. "Light? You're saying you're the good guy?"

"What I do is righteousness and justice."

"Ever heard of egotistic?"

Leo huffed. "Believe what you want. The only reason I let you win is that I cannot stand to mark your face."

Talk about a compliment. "Um... thank you...?"

"You're not welcome." Bitch. "Such crude language. Even my lover would dare use such words." clearly whoever I was talking to hasn't adjusted to modern society.

I pinched my brows together. "Okay... Light, was it? Why are you here?"

"Well, I didn't at first until I witnessed the siren's... collection." He must be talking about the massive dead bodies. Poor Leo must have seen them. I couldn't imagine what he was experiencing. "Your friend was upset about the walking corpse, Daniel; he sacrificed himself to burn everything down. He wanted to be free from that witch's grasp. Leonardo's depression led to anger, which I managed to find myself drawn to. Your friend wanted justice and vengeance."

"Not enough to end someone's life. We don't have that power!"

"Ah, yes. The authorities will see the siren's case. At the very least, the court will look through her case to see if she deserves to live or not. I merely wanted to take matters into my own hand."

"That still doesn't make it right!"

"Let me ask you something. Are you willing to sit back and let karma or something unexpected happen to the killer or will you be the one to get rid of the killer yourself?" He was starting to scare me. I had to keep reminding myself that this wasn't my Leo talking. This was Light, an entity that thinks it can do whatever they please to be right. "I don't think, I know I'm right."