The Light's Wrath

Xander and I ran as fast as we could in the direction Donnie mentioned. "We should have let Leonardo and your human friend join us. Now they will become the siren's meal!"

I sneered as I pulled my gloves with my teeth. "Less bitchin' and more runnin'! The faster we get to them, the faster we can stop that siren!"

"And pray to tell, what is your plan in stopping her?"

"My shadows will stop her before she opens her mouth." Honestly, I got nothing! Xander mentioned I'm a newb to my shadow powers, which I hate to say, he's right. So far, shadows respond to my emotions. Its something. Will it be enough? My phone rang. I stopped to check. Xander noticed my pause. Donnie's calling me.

I answered. "Don, what's the status?"

"Are you with Xander? Put me on speaker!" The soft shell didn't give me time to answer. I pressed the speaker button. "Good news, Raph and Katie made it to Alex. Bad news, Leo got captured."

Mama's Boy grabbed my phone. "Not my Leonardo! Donatello, tell me your location! I will call Mother to send an army of yokai staff to my beck and call!" I punched the yokai simp and took back my phone.

"How're the others?" I asked.

"Raph, Alex, and Katie are nursing their hearing. The siren has a defensive secondary weapon. Her voice lures her prey, but she can alter her vocal cord to heighten her voice to discriminate predators. What a fantastic method."

"Don, come back to New York. Brother in danger!"

"Right, right! Her sound frequency disappeared... give me exactly eight seconds and I will give you Leo's location."

Mama's Boy grabbed my phone again while shoving my face aside. "No need, Donatello. I will save Leonardo. He will praise me enough to accept my proposal!" he tossed my phone before running off.

"Oh, hell nah! Get your ass over here!" I yelled, chasing him.

"Are you two competing to see who will reach Leo first-" I hung up. I knew I'm gonna get an earful later, but now, my concern was not losing to Xander of all people.

We were pushing and shoving trying to get ahead of one another. Xander had the fucking nerve to trip me! "Pussy!"

The silver-haired yokai threw me a cheeky smirk. He stopped running. "...Leonardo?" I stood up and went to his side. He was right. Leo was standing in front of us, unharmed.

The turtle gently smiled. My heart skipped a beat. Lee looked beautiful when he smiled. My moonlight radiantly shined over his head like a halo. He opened his mouth. He sang in a lovely tune. I never realized the slider had such an amazing voice. Xander walked up to him, mesmerized. Leo affectionately stroked the yokai's cheek. My stomach became a raging pit. He should be touching my cheek! Not that ungrateful, yokai brat! Leo looked my way; he held out his hand and sang his song. My legs carried me over. His voice was too majestic. My vision was blurry despite my scanners being in top-notch condition.

You fool! Are you daft enough to let a temptress toy with your heart?!

Temptress? No, Leo wouldn't do that...

This is not your love. Think, darkling! In the month you have known him, do you not see the changes in his actions?

Changes? Leo's just singing... singing...? Donnie mentioned the siren can become as beautiful as a goddess... or as someone their prey desires. I need confirmation.

I caressed his cheek, affectionately. Leo... if you can hear me, stop singing. The slider grabbed my hand and pecked it. My hand trailed to his chin. I drew him close. Leo closed his eyes as I leaned in.