Convincing Daddy Dearest

Thursday.

It was one day away from the homecoming dance. Leo told me his father agreed to speak with me during dinner. The slider is coming over to portal to his place, I have twenty-four hours to convince Leo's old man to let me take his son to my school's dance. I have to pull out my professional charm to woo Daddy Dearest. If this turns out to go downhill, well, that's why I wanted to go to the turtles' home. I could pull an escape plan with Leo's help, but only if the answer was no.

I just got out of the shower – the one across my bedroom – and quickly dried myself off before pulling my boxers on. I was planning on getting to my bedroom with the towel wrapped around my waist. There was an accident involving an innocent, clumsy maid stumbling onto me with me just the towel. As I was drying my hair, I heard a voice in my head.

'Mikey is cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Donnie's working in his lab. Dad was speaking with Raph. Dinner is almost ready. This is so nerve-wracking! Should I cancel? I think I should cancel. This was a mistake! Alright, Leon, don't lose focus. Bring Merrill to my pad, we have a nice dinner with the fam, we laugh, we joke, and Merrill gets to leave with his limbs intact. Sounds like a great plan! NOT!

'It's NOT going to be alright. Dad will grill my Goth alive. Did I say grill? No, Pops is going to marinate, pulverize, and then grill him alive! I wonder if I can lock him in a closet and say he was killed by a dumpster truck. Would that be convincing?' I walked to my room, put in the keycode, and entered my room with a towel wrapped around my waist and drying my hair with another. A smile reached my lips.

"You call that a lie? I would go for something a bit more believable like a sociopath stabbing me in the back." he stopped his mental rambling and looked at me. I laid the drying towel around his neck. "You're earlier than expected. A heads up would've been nice."

He averted his eyes. "Yea, my phone is held prisoner in my father's clutches. Sorry for the surprise visit."

I shrugged. "It didn't stop you before." I walked past him to my wardrobe. "I'm almost done. You can just chill 'til I'm done." He was silent. I opened my wardrobe doors and pulled out my prepared clothes. I tossed aside my waist towel.

"I think we should cancel", Leo said his back facing me.

I grabbed my light blue jeans and white buttoned top. "Why?" I asked, knowing full well the answer.

"Why? Why?! It's going to be a shit show! That's why! I know something's going to happen! Pops is going to eat you alive, Donnie wants to take your prosthetics and analyze them, and Raph wants to squish your head like a watermelon, April's coming over to see the drama, and the only one happy is Mikey because I'm certain he's planning our nonexistent wedding! And you're standing over there being chill and calm!"

"Someone has to be", I mumbled. I untied my waist towel.

"That doesn't sound reassu-AAAAAAHHHHHH!" I turned to the slider who had his hands covering his eyes. "Why are you getting naked?!"

"It's my bedroom inside my house", I simply answered, "getting uncomfortable? Then, wait outside."

Leo turned around while I dressed without his notice. "Look, I'm here to warn you of what you're up against. The faster you dress, the faster we can get this evening going."

With my collared shirt buttoned (two buttons undone for a peek of bare skin) and my pants fastened I walked to the embarrassed turtle. "I'm aware of the Hell I'm entering and of course, it's going to be a shit show. I'm not an idiot."

"I'm not saying you're an idiot. I'm just warning you. can you hurry up? We're on a crunch time."

I leaned down. My head hovered over his left shoulder. I whispered into his earlobe. "Why the rush? What's stopping you from taking a lil' peek? Your mind is curious. One peek wouldn't hurt. We know you wanna." I pushed back as he quickly twisted his body with a hand aiming for my face. I grabbed his wrist before he could smack me. "Nice reflexes", I said, releasing his arm.