Who Are You Gonna Call? Los Tortuga Locas!

Since I visited Dre and spoke with Oroku Saki, my mind was unsettled. I kept going to the school week until Saturday hits and I let my mind run wild as I stared at my bedroom ceiling. Reincarnation, bond, resonance? What the fuck did I get myself into? And the icing on the cake was Leo – mutant turtle Leonardo – was my past life's lover; we were soulmates. The word soulmate spun in my brain. Leo's my soulmate. Leo's my soulmate.

My soulmate. Soulmate. Soulmate. Soul. Mate.

I grabbed a pillow and let out a cry. Shut up, brain! I don't like it. Hell, I don't even hate it! I like the sound of that. Damn it!

I pinched my cheek hoping the pain could bring me back to reality. I was jumping into a deep hole, and I don't know where it leads.

Wait a second. I jumped up. Why am I getting worked up? I said I'd help Roku reconnect with Misa who happens to be Leo's reincarnation. It doesn't mean he and I are soulmates in this generation. We're friends. Really good friends.

My mind decided to show me the moment I was about to kiss Leo and after kissed his cheek before leaving. I love the way how flustered he gets whenever I do such a thing. He's too cute.

I slapped my cheeks! Come on, Merrill! Stop thinking about it! You don't need to tease your friend every time. In a matter of time, I would disappear and live as a shadow puppet; an obedient shadow puppet who does whatever his parents ordered.

I jumped hearing my phone ringing. God, I was being pathetic. I checked the caller ID, but it was a number I didn't recognize. I was going to decline the call, yet I was curious who it was, so I answered it. I was shocked to hear Donatello. He called to invite me to catch some oozequitoes. I should've rejected the offer. I found myself agreeing and I went off to the destination Donnie wanted me to meet.

I was contemplating how I was going to compose myself. I need to keep the information from Leo until a better opportunity. How will he react of the whole past life thing? Or of us being soulmates?

...maybe I should leave out the soulmates part...

So, I stocked up and hitched my motorcycle. I was getting close to the destination when I saw a whole bunch of people exiting a tall building. I recognized it. It was the Grand Nexus Hotel, the crowning jewel of NYC. It was also one of the ritziest hotels in the city; they have a three-year waiting list just for an opening unless you have connections. Seeing the chaos erupting I knew the oozequitoes were involved, but I had to wait until the turtles got here for I don't have the equipment to stop or obtain the insects. So, I waited.

I was smoking my cigs while leaning against the building when I saw a large vehicle driving this way. It looked like an oversized tank. At a distance, it reminded me of a speeding turtle... oh, my God it's them...

My eyes stared at my bike. My ride drove on autopilot and relocated to an alleyway before the vehicle collided it. The door opened; a ramp spewed. The turtles walked out wearing the tackiest suits I've ever seen. It reminded me of futuristic hazmat suits.

"Please tell me you guys just got out of a sci-fi convention", I said after inhaling a deep drag. If I'm going to survive whatever shit they got in store, I'm gonna need all the mentality I can take.

Raph looked at me, surprised. "What? Goth Boy? What are you doing here? Leo, did you invite him again?"

"For once, I didn't, hermano", Leo replied who was just as surprised as he was.

"Actually, I did", Donnie said. His brothers stared between us.

"Yeah, Don here called and asked to tag along", I said, scratching my cheek, "how did you get my number?"