Do You Believe in Ghosts?

The weekend wasn't pleasant. Let's recap. Me and Los Tortuga Locas figured out yokai has been living in New York City for way longer before we exist. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if they were scattered throughout the world. We met Big Mama (the yokai mob boss) and her son, Xander; Leo almost married into the spider fam; we caught all the oozequitoes only for them to be released by Baron Draxum; and the pièce de résistance, we got a bombshell of info: Barry was the one who mutated Leo and his brothers to what they are today. After that fiasco, we parted ways. I wanted to console Leo since he went through such an improv performance, however, I pulled back and let him be with his family. Raph told us he managed to unleash his mystic powers and beat Mama's Boy. Donnie and Mikey defeated Big Mama by tasting her own medicine (she was encased in her webs). I thought about doubling back to find Mama's Boy to pee on his body, but Leo glared stopping me from doing so.

It was Monday night. I was in my room in my tank top and boxers with my hair in a tiny high ponytail. I was studying for my Chemistry test tomorrow. It was quiet. I wanted to take a break to get myself a snack. I thought about calling Leo and checking to see how he was doing. Then, a memory flashed. I remembered Oroku Saki and his mission to get together with his true love, Misa, which I haven't told Leo. Spoiler alert, he's Misa reincarnation or something like that. After that, I thought about Oroku mentioning us being soulmates. Finally, my brain buzzed.

I admitted Leo's cute! And what Mikey said about us having a strong bond did sound plausible. However, I couldn't help but feel like I was meant to be by the slider's side.

FUCK!!!

I slammed my head on my desk. I'm getting too attached. I'm already in October's final week before heading to November. And my seventeenth birthday is in mid-January. I'm short on time. I'm attached to Leonardo. No, I'm attracted to Leonardo Hamato and I'm scared of losing him. I'm afraid of losing of what we have and the time we have left. I leaned my head back; my back arched on my rolling chair. Would my life be the same if I haven't met Leo? I reconnected with exes both real and fake, I went on adventures I never expected to be caught in, and powers I never thought I had. All because I saved a furry yokai. That very furball led me to Leo.

How am I going to break the news to him?

Will I be able to escape my fate?

My eyes shot open. What if I can?

I could change my identity; create a separate banking account; I'll relive a new life. I'm certain my aunt could help me out. It'll take some time, but I bet I can finish my work before the due date.

A thought made me pause.

Would Leo run away with me?

It's a giant leap. Let's plan first. I started writing a list in my notebook. I was on step three when a portal appeared beside me. I quickly looked to see Leo popping his head out. "Come quick! I need you!" before I could say a word, Leo dragged me through the portal, and I handed in a pillow mountain.

I popped myself out of the fluffy barrage. "What the fuck!" I yelled. I looked around at my surroundings. It looked like I was in the Turtles' home and April was also there. Don't know why; don't really care.

"Merrill, settle an argument", Leo ordered me.

My eyebrow twitched. "You dragged me out of my study time just to pick a fucking side?" I stood up straightening myself out.

"Yep. Besides whatever you're studying for you can ace it in your sleep." I rolled my eyes. Sure I can, as long as I memorize the key points for my Chemistry test.

"Couldn't you just let me change before agreeing to whatever I'm agreeing to?"

"I'll portal you back home after you answer."