A Magical Night to Remember (Part 2)

Let's recap.

My dear friend, Merrill, convinced my dad to lift my grounding for one night in exchange for my big brother, Raphael, coming along and keeping a close on eye me. We arrived at the school with the intention of having a grand night. I thought it would be one night – one NORMAL night – spending it with friends and dancing with my best friend (well, first guy friend) all for it to come crashing down when Hypnopotamus is going to make the school disappear; and with the students under his control, it wouldn't surprise me if he's planning on keeping the students here as his captive audience and make them vanish along with their school.

Now, here I am, unharmed, and listening to Hypno talk about his life. He signaled some students to bring a table – along with a spare chair – a few plates, cups, and utensils with a roasted turkey and a candle to make the unbearable atmosphere romantic. He was having the time of his life.

Me, well, I'm dying on the inside. After getting over my shock, I had to pretend I'm a shy, mute student. So far, Hypno doesn't recognize me. I mean, no offense, but how can you overlook the green skin and the magic sword behind my back?

You have no idea how much I wanted to leave. Dead ass. Being flirted with by Hypno was like being flirted by my father if my dear dad was drunk and nearsighted. I know what can top that: being flirted with by Baron Draxum. The very thought sent shivers down my spine.

I wanted to leave so bad. The problem was my hypnotized brother, Raphael, was standing behind me; his eyes remained pink and focused on Alex's phone. I don't want to leave him or for the fact that Raph might restrain me the moment I twitched a nerve. Believe me, I would've portaled my way out in a heartbeat.

But no, I remained seated with a fake smile on my face. Inside, I was dying. This wasn't the night I wanted!

Merrill, where are you?

'Leo, are you okay?' My smile grew bigger.

Am I glad to hear you? Are you okay?

'Just regained consciousness and contacted the others. They're okay for now. I told them to find the hats discreetly. What about you? What's your status?'

Good news, I'm not hypnotized... yet. Bad news, I'm having the worst first date of my life.

'Wait, what? Where are you?'

I'm NOT in the auditorium sitting with Hypno as he talks about the many adventures of his tour before he was mutated.

'You're on a date with the mutant hippopotamus? Actually... this could benefit us...' I could hear the gear turning in Merrill's mind. I don't like where this is going. 'If you can locate the remote that activates his hats then we can stop them before Hypno starts his trick.'

So... you're saying I need to play nice. I grabbed my cup of water trying to ease my nerves.

'Well... more like I'm asking you... to flirt with Hypno...' I spat out my water as soon as I heard that. I coughed. Some of the liquid went into the wrong pipe.

"Are you alright, my dear?" I heard Hypno ask, but I rather not think about the mutant and focus more on the statement, or rather, the order I was given.

Are you kidding me?!? I'm not playing footsies with my enemy! Just – NO! Big N and big O. No!

'Leo, please, you're already close to him. Your job is to locate the device and confiscate it before Hypno activates the hats. I'm asking to get close to him. A few giggles here, soft touches there. I'm guessing he doesn't recognize you since you're not in a trance. Act the helpless, shy girl. I'll get to you the moment shit hits the fan. You got this, Lee.'