A Nexus Wedding

Kissing Xander wasn't supposed to be part of the plan. That's right! I was kissing a bad guy! It wasn't as exhilarating as everyone expects it to be. Maybe with the right person sure. I needed to convince him I was on board with marrying him; I needed to buy Merrill time. It's only a matter of time before he's figured it out. So here I am, improvising my shell off. I felt discomfort and aggravation. I cracked an eye open. I spotted a desk's shadow shifted by the left side. Merrill, stop watching and go!

'You're playing a dangerous game, Leo. What if I won't be able to make it in time?'

Then you better get a move on. I pulled away. "How's that for convincing?" I asked, twirling a lock of Xander's hair. He smirked as he picked me up bridal style. I yelped in surprise.

"What are we waiting for? Are the preparations set, Mother?" he asked in glee.

"Almost done, my little spider cake", Big Mama answered, "the dress and makeup artists are coming to your fiancé's room momentarily." She clapped her hands. "Places yokai! We have a Nexus wedding to prepare!" her staff hustled.

To my displeasure, Xander carried me back to my room. He sat me on my bed. He stroked my cheek. I had to hold in my vomit as I leaned into his touch. "You have me fooled for a while. Maybe a change of heart was all it takes. Or rather, a human's death was the effect of your decision." I had to bite my tongue from lashing out.

I shrugged. "Humans die every day. It makes no difference."

"Especially if it involves Merrill the Robot Human?"

Remain in control, Leon. Don't let him rile you up. "Especially him." Xander seemed pleased. He leaned down to kiss me, but I placed my hand over his lips. "Not until the wedding." He smiled as I let go. He kissed my forehead instead and left.

I waited until I heard his footsteps away from my room before dashing into the bathroom. I rushed to the sink. I washed my mouth five times, brushed, wash, spit, and repeat. After, I splashed cold water on my face. I released a held breath. Merrill was right. I was playing a dangerous game. I stared at my reflection in the mirror. You got this, Blue. Lou Jitsu could pull off kissing different ladies in most of his films. I could pull it off! How far I'm willing to go is another story.

No longer than ten minutes, a team of yokai entered my room. Two yokai grabbed me and dragged me to the bathroom where another yokai was filling the bathtub with water and dropping in rose petals. I was shoved into the cold water with a loud splash. I reached out to the surface gasping for air.

"Was that necce-" I was interrupted when someone dumped more water over my head. The groomers discarded my bandana and belts. They scrubbed everywhere! Oh yeah, they went in DEEP! I felt so... dirty, yet clean. Next, I was escorted wearing a fluffy bathrobe. I entered my bedroom seeing a tree yokai preparing a wardrobe. They spotted me and went to work. I had little to say about letting them work and do their work.

They put me in a dark blue kimono with light blue koi fish swimming in silver tread outline with long sleeves. The wrapping was silver. I wore light blue slippers and white socks.

After, they sat me down at the vanity facing the makeup artist. It was a yokai with many tentacles. I was told to close my eyes; I did. I felt light touches of brushes on my cheeks, eyelids, and lips. I didn't know how long I sat on the stool. My tail was getting numb.

A gasp caught my attention. "Goodness me, Bluey Dewey. You are a vision. A breath of fresh air", Big Mama commented. I opened my eyes and saw what she meant. I looked way different from before. A small dose of blush on my cheeks, light blue eyeshadow above my eyes, and clear lip gloss make my lips shine. A tiara-like veil was crowned on my head. They even added dashes of glitter to my face. Big Mama walked behind me with a bouquet of white roses with a blue ribbon tied around it. She bent over to hand me the bundle. "I hope you are not leading my son, Little Blue", she softly whispered, "if this turned out to be a hoax, I will not be keen on your brothers. I might have the need to toss them to my Battle Nexus as monster nibbles. Do I make myself clear?"