Merrill vs. Albearto (part 1)

I was enjoying my nice book of scary stories on the terrace when I got a text from one of my "exes". Okay... as you know I'm known as the Sexy Lucifer at school. I mean I'm dark and sexy; two dangerous quirks in one package. I went through thirteen relationships during middle and high school, however, what not many people know is the fact that I have a secret business. Well, business is the most common word I can describe, and nonsexual. The truth is I went through 8 fake relationships and 5 real relationships. Dead ass I'm not lying. See, what I do is be the best "fake" boyfriend to my customers. We basically used each other; me for popularity status and they for saying "yeah, I tapped that" or an excuse for secret outings, or my personal favorite: lying to parents, which is the main reason. Believe me, I can pull off a suave, peppy, perfect boy next door act, and Mom and Dad give their kids a thumbs-up approval. Think of my business as the movie Easy A without the fake sex/slut rumor; then again, I'm basically my school's teenage pimp. My parents are aware of what I do. They believed it might help my charisma on the field.

Anyway, I've got a text from Lydia, one of my customers, pitching in a huge favor, which I find strange because we haven't spoken since the summer break. In fact, last I checked she and her parents were on a family getaway. I found it odd she finally took the first (I almost forgot about her). From her text, she sounded desperate. I sighed. It better be worth it otherwise I'm leaving her scrawny ass to end for herself.

I got dressed in my signature attire and headed over to the place she will be waiting: Albearto's Pizza Plaza. Albearto's is... like New York's Chuck E. Cheese but with a lower franchise. It's a birthday party place filled with games, fun, and the main event: Albearto the animatronic bear and his weird robot bandmates, Cherry Tomato and President Pepperoni (seriously, who came up with those names).

I got closer and saw a skinny girl dressed up for a date and not for a birthday party. I was close enough for her to notice me. I saw movements behind her legs. Nope.

"I know this isn't your thing..." Lydia said, trying to be reasonable.

"Clearly not my thing", I interrupted.

"But I need your help", she continued, "I agreed to chaperone Timmy's birthday party, unfortunately, Katie made movie plans and I didn't want to miss it for the world. Since Timmy already knows you, you can take my place." Lydia gave me pleading eyes under her light pink eyeshadow and fake, fluttering eyelashes.

I cocked an eyebrow. "What's in it for me?"

"My respect." I turned around and lifted a leg. "Wait! I'll pay you! $20 an hour! I swear! My parents are slowly accepting my lesbian girlfriend; please let me have this!" she really didn't want to reschedule.

I turned a 180 spin. "I'm putting your name under the 'You-Owe-Me-Bitch' list."

"What does bitch mean?" Timmy, her little brother, said.

"Uh, pretend you didn't hear that, and I'll buy you whatever you like", Lydia said while giving me her nastiest glare.

I waved my hand, shooing the lesbo girl. "How about I buy him whatever he wants since I can afford it? You just go to your date before Katie thinks we hook up behind her back."

"Okay, okay. You have my number. If anything, call me. I'll be here faster than you can say my name... oh! Make sure Timmy doesn't break anything –"

I literally had to shove her down the sidewalk to stop her talking. She immediately took a hint and waved to us as she ran down the street. It was between me and the pipsqueak. I felt a tug on my pants. I looked at the birthday boy. "If I like you, does that make me gay?" oh, that bitch owes me fucking big time.

"Ask me again in ten years, squirt." I bent to his level. "Ready to start your B-day?" he pouted. He didn't look excited. If I were him, I wouldn't want to be here either. "Say. If things get too boring, we'll sneak out and get ourselves some birthday ice cream."