To Be Seen

I always wanted to go to school. To be among brilliant minds like me. April is so lucky to be with her peers while I humbly stay hidden in the sewers drinking information like a flavorless juice. True, I could hack my way through anything within minutes; conquer any test professors give out; I could be the most intelligent, high-ranked student the entire school has the pleasure of having, but with my "visage", I am a freak of nature. No one besides April O'Neil will accept us as I or my brothers.

...until encountering Merrill.

The Goth – pardon me, Emo – who didn't give a flying hoot about us whether we be human or not. I somewhat admired him a bit. Be in mind, the dark boy was equipped with state-of-the-art technology I would love to get my hands on! The boy changed course despite saying he wouldn't take part in rescuing April or Mayhem. However, I believed Leo managed to "coerce" him into joining us. Not sure how but Merrill came with us. Since then, Merrill has been involved in most of our adventures. I even managed to get his number through Nardo's contacts. (For future reference, my dear brother should really get himself a journal if he plans on making disgustingly, adorable nicknames for his quote-unquote boyfriend.)

After meeting Merrill, Leo snuck out to hang out with his new friend. Oh, believe me, it didn't go unnoticed under my surveillance. I let it slide. After all, Leo was seeing a "new friend", especially after saving him from getting eaten by Meat Sweats. I told myself Leo was in good hands... I might have made sure to bug his phone in case Merrill was a dastardly tramp as April claims he was. Nevertheless, the emo was a gentleman through and through. So, I stayed silent and let the two of them have their fun.

Apparently, I let them roam free too far. Leo experienced things farther than what either I or our other brothers put together. Leonardo went to school. Leonardo found human friends. Leonardo went to school! Leonardo's new friends accepted him! Leo went to school without me!

Hearing the news, I was... unhinged? Disturbed? No... I was... bothered. Annoyed. Frustrated. Confounded. Well, you get the gist. All those spiraling out of control. I didn't like it. I let myself fume in silence as I watched my brother interact with his human allies as though they had known each other for a long time. Leo was experiencing things without us, without me. He has a group of friends who enjoy his company, went to his first school dance, and went to school.

Leonardo was seen and accepted in the span of two months! How does he do it? Was there a trick I should know? Gameplay I should follow? No. That's not it. Nardo has always been the interactor. The "face man" of our team. The people-pleaser. Most beloved individual. It was a no-brainer Leo attracts people like bees to honey. Maybe it also could apply to Michaelangelo as well.

I felt left behind. Forgotten. Invisible.

When I got the call from April requesting my services to come to her school, I was thrilled! Excited! I was more excited than creating my first battle shell! Even if it was for merely a few minutes, I get to walk and interact with students my age! A new adventure of my own! My nerves hummed like a fan in the computer's console.

April wanted me to check her computer science project until my eyes spotted the most beautiful thing: satin, purple jackets! Three students were working on a simulator wearing matching jackets! April said they are the Purple Dragons, the school's tech club. My goodness. I can see myself in their group wearing the same jacket and having intellectual talks. Oh, what a glorious dream. To have a group of friends. Some place to belong.

So, I did what any turtle in the shell would do: I approached them. Kendra, the team leader, wouldn't accept my admission; said that I need "dish it out". How could I say no to that? I showed my tech-bo and the multitude of tools it carries. The two members were sublimed to my weapon's glory; however, Kendra wasn't pleased. Her eyes were brimming with interest. I accepted that as a start. She wanted to see more. I was willing to show my worth. I activated my three battle shells; they came the moment they were operated. The leader was fascinated by my creations and rewarded me with my own jacket! I was enthralled, ecstatic, and excited! Finally, I have something I achieved on my own!