Happily Ever After?

I thought we were done for. Another repeat of the same story. I thought I was going to have to start over in Beauty's room again, but I didn't. Not this time. I was greeted by giant oak doors. Was I in the Beast's castle? I looked around the room I was in. It was brightly lit with sunlight streaming through the colored glass windows. The castle was restored like it wasn't abandoned in the first place. I looked at myself, seeing I was wearing a black tuxedo and matching shoes with a bouquet of red and white roses.

This was new.

"Hello, Blue." I saw my dad. Not Story Dad; my short, stubby, rat daddy who I know and love. He was wearing a black robe. His fur was groomed for my "special day". "Getting cold feet?"

"Yeah", I said, finding my voice. It's funny how he acts like Pops in my world. Was I actually getting married? Who was I marrying? Was it who I thought it was? I bit my lips. "Am I making the right decision? Am I going too fast? Maybe this was a mistake!" My hands clutched tightly on the bouquet's wrapping. Even though it's a fairytale, I didn't expect to marry especially at fourteen. I'm too young for this shit!

"What do you believe?" my dad asked. "If you're not comfortable, we will talk to Madam Mayor and ask to cancel the ceremony."

Yeah... that sounded good. We should cancel. This wasn't worth the ending.

...but...

...but maybe...

Something in me wanted to see through this to the end. I took a deep breath. Muffled music began to play beyond the doors.

"I'm ready", I said, feeling confident.

I glanced at my old man. "No matter what, I'm so proud of you." His warm smile made me stronger than ever.

The doors creaked open...

~Lady Ai~

I opened my eyes to see I was relocated to a courtyard looking at the forest. I was standing underneath an arched pillar made of white roses. It was bright and sunny. I looked behind me seeing the Beast's castle restored. Flower petals floating in the soft breeze. Around me were the villagers seated and waited for the ceremony to begin. I noticed my attire. I wore a white suit with matching shoes, my hair pulled back in a ponytail, and a red rose pinned to my collar.

I tenderly touched the rose. I wasn't a big fan of wearing white. Hell, I think I never wore white in my life. This seemed so surreal.

"Nervous?" I turned to the voice. It was Baron Draxum without his heavy armor crap and instead wore a matching white suit. I should've been disgusted but I found myself somewhat connected to him. Gross. "Understandable. This is your big day."

"My... big day?" I asked. "Wait. Am I getting married?" Have we reached the end sequence?

Barry shifted his gaze to the crowd who were either marveling at the decorations or murmuring to their seating companions before speaking in a hushed voice. "Be honest, Merrill. How much did you drink last night?" It's an appropriate question, but it's a summarized version of "Are you high?" or "How high are you?" Which was followed by me answering a straight no. "I brought in something for an easy sober."

"Um... no. I guess I was daydreaming while standing."

Barry scoffed. "Typical." 'The fuck does that mean?! "I will bring you up to speed. Today is your marriage to Beauty. The ceremony is about to begin. There. Now you are caught up."

"Gee. Thanks."

Big Mama – or rather, Madam Mayor – walked up to the altar. "Good day, Merrill. Are you excited?" she greeted me with her signature smile.