Confronting Dark

If I were in the anime Bleach, I would be a shinigami (soul reaper in English dub). Why? Because having a zanpakuto (soul cleaver) is awesome! Plus, the many waifus and husbandos who are soul reapers. I would love to have a polyamory with a plethora of those characters.

...wait... what was the topic?

Sorry. I lost my train of thought. Let me explain.

Leon and I spent some time together: we ate breakfast, played video games, Leon did some poses which made me have a nosebleed (the little shithead), until sundown when he had to leave in a hurry. Probably to ensure his dad doesn't ask questions about his whereabouts. Makes me wonder if his rat fucker of a father ever asks his sons what they do on their spare time.

Anyway, after he left, I wanted to watch a romantic-comedy movie to get some ideas on our first date when I fell asleep during the movie. When I woke up, I was in a forest. It was dark. No lights. No stars. The trees were too tall and large to cover the above. Pitch black. The only source of light was the specks of fireflies flying around. I sat up. I don't remember where walking into the woods. Or the fact that Central Park had trees as high as buildings. I looked at my attire. I still wore the same clothes as I did before I fell asleep.

Where the fuck was I?

"Took you long enough to get here." I turned around to see my doppelganger of my past self. "I feel like we have not spent some quality time together."

"Where are we?" I dared ask, surveying this newfound area.

"In your subconscious... so to speak", Oroku explained. "Here is where your mind and spirit dwell in. Your presence draws you in probably to escape the human world. Something drew you here beckoning you."

"You're right", I casually shrugged. "If I knew I had an Inner World I would've knocked myself out a long time ago." I continued to scan the area. It reminded me of a show; I don't know which one, but the scenery gave me nostalgia. "Here's my question. Why am I here?"

As my attention drew to Roku, I noticed his relaxed posture went stiff. He was nervous. No, something was bothering him. His complexion was paler than the last time I saw him where I noticed dark circles under his eyes. He was exhausted; exhausted and drained. His hair was a shaggy mess. Clothes untucked and loose. The guy looked like he would keel over with the slightest touch.

"You good, man?" I asked, concerned.

The spirit stood up straight. "It is best if Dark were to explain the circumstance." Circumstance? Why couldn't he explain it to me? He's standing right here! By him, I meant Oroku. "Dark was the one who brought you here. He needs to speak with you. He..." my doppelganger paused and swayed before grasping his footing. "You... need to... need to know what you're up against."

Dark summoned me? Why? How serious was the circumstances? Was this circumstance causing Roku to be pale? It wasn't easing my nerves. I've already gone through a battle. Can't I have a couple of days to recuperate? This shouldn't surprise me. My life was unnatural to begin with. With an uneasy nod, I let Oroku take the lead. I had to stay close by in case he fell over. He tripped a few times which made me worry. Can spirits be paler than they already are? Will they lose themselves and be evil spirits like in Bleach? Will his evilness control me since he's in me?

...okay that last part I didn't mean for it to sound sexual. It just came out naturally.

...giggity...

FUCK! I gotta stop doing that.

Oh... my... God... I'm a pervert!

Oroku had the audacity to sluggishly turn around and give me a blank stare. "You noticed that NOW?" he asked.