After Dark (Part 1)

We managed to get to the Stock N Shop in the late hours. I decided to wear my black tracksuit with a white tank top and my worn-out sneakers. I get the feeling I'm gonna run a lot. I even switched my prosthetic to use my Iron Fists protocol. I refixed my hair to a lower ponytail as well. I know I'm gonna need a lot of coffee after this. The turtles managed to open the ventilation shaft. We crawled through the vents like blind mice, except for me since I also have night vision in my lenses. Easy enough for me. It would've been an easy travel if Mikey hadn't brought a vacuum cleaner. Why do you ask? I have no fucking clue.

I kept telling them which direction to take but April went to her let instead of mine and the dumbasses that we are, we followed and fell through the shaft landing inside the supermarket. I landed on my back, and I was certain Leo fell on top of me.

"I'm gonna feel that in the morning", I groaned. Leo sat up. Our eyes locked for a second until Leo yelped and crawled away. I chuckled, standing up. I almost tripped over Mikey's vacuum. "Ugh! Mikey! Why did you bring this piece of shit along?"

"I had to!" Mikey argued, "It's to defend ourselves against the Gumbus. It's lined with tin foil inside so it's extra durable."

"Just because you've seen Ghostbusters doesn't mean it's gonna work!"

"Then how am I going to suck up the ghosts?"

"That's what he said."

Leo elbowed my side.

"Check this place out!" April gushed, flashing her flashlight throughout the entire space. We lit our flashlights. "It's like Christmas morning for food!"

Mikey clutched the sucking tube. "This place is creepy!"

"Creepy or awesome? Answer, both."

"Let's just get this over with it", I said taking the lead.

The box turtle bumped into me while shrieking. "What was that?"

I raised an eyebrow. "What was what?"

"I heard something! Merrill, catch me!" Mikey leaped intentionally expecting me to catch him.

I stepped back instead causing him to fall. "Nope."

"It's probably the Gumbus", April frantically searched the area. We heard a noise. We flashed toward the mysterious sound. It was a toy train running on its tracks.

"Oh, look. It's a model train", Leo said with praise, "convenient for a supermarket." He walked away.

I followed. "Not all supermarkets, dipshit."

"I think we should divide and conquer", the African American girl suggested.

"That's a terrible idea, Aps!" Mikey bellowed.

"Scaredy turtle is right", I agreed, "Horror Movie 101: Never split up. Easier for the killer to pick their victims one by one." Mikey nodded with a lot of velocity.

"No worries. We divide by two. I go with Mikey while Leo stays with you", April said, pulling the scared turtle close to her.

"I get the feeling you want us to be alone."

"Me? No! Mikey needed someone strong as a partner and Leo needed some protection. Also, I have more respect for you since you're still a virgin."

I growled and glared at the box turtle. "Mikey!" the said turtle hid behind his friend.

April approached me with no fear. "It's okay. If you manage to pull through the shit, I've heard you've done, you're alright in my book."

"You could've accepted me sooner but sure."