Seeking Answers

It was Wednesday. We passed Homecoming and back to school like any other day. Since then, I kept having these recurring dreams featuring the man, Oroko Saki. Since Friday, I have had either dreams or daydreams – practically visions – about Oroku's life. Most of them of how laid back he was. Others were involved in his training and his clan. His family only had his older brother and his father, which is funny because his father's name is Oroku Saki; so technically, his father was Oroku Saki Senior, and he named his second son Oroku Saki Junior or some shit like that. They come at random I couldn't tell which was my reality. One moment I was walking down the school's hallway the next I was roaming the boardwalk of a Japanese manor. Soon after, I almost fell down a flight of stairs.

Yeah, that's how deep shit I was. It was like being high without marijuana. As soon as Wednesday hit, I couldn't take it! I needed to know what the fuck am I going through.

I had three options.

One, seek help. Help as in seeking professional help like a therapist. Insert dark chuckle. Yeah, too late for that. I'm not spewing my guts out for some stranger just for them to write down on their notepad saying I'm a psychopath. Not to mention, they'll jot it down to my smoking addiction which I don't have! And they'll give me a prescription for whatever medication that can temporarily help with depression or sleep deprivation. Also, they'll want to talk about my family, and said mother might come over to their office and probably wipe their existence. No thank you, dipshits!

Two, Google it. Yeah, yeah, I said it. Google. It's an internet library that'll lead to many sites describing the keywords I put in. Websites to chatlogs to a foreign language porn site that I don't need! I know everyone would rather use it as their main source for seeking answers. Hell, I would use it, too, but I needed a legit answer. Sometimes the internet isn't as grand as it made it out to be. Sure, you get recipes, DIY projects, information for class projects, etcetera, etcetera. Sometimes you got to go old school.

I decided to go with my third option: talk to a bookworm – and by bookworm, I mean speaking with one of my other fake exes: Diana, the smartest bookworm I know. She always has a book in her hand. Whether it be fiction or nonfiction, plays or thrillers, autobiographies or biographies; her nose is always inside its pages; her eyes digesting every word she reads. What makes her special is the photographic memory she held lodged in her brain. No, it was something else. It's like a photographic memory but more... advanced. She would've made it to a university if she wanted but she declined the offer saying she wanted to enjoy her youth further.

To make a long story short, I went to see her after school at the city library and went straight to the front desk. Not even surprised to see a blonde-haired girl with freckles underneath her thin-rimmed glasses. Her brown eyes trailed every sentence in her book.

"What do you want, Merrill?" Diana asked, not bothering to look up but somehow, she knew I was coming. How does everyone know I want something? Sure, I haven't spoken to most of my exes in months... okay, I got nothing...

"Can't I say hi to the prettiest girl in school?" I said with my charming voice.

Diana closed her book with a soft thud. Her brown eyes stared into my optic cameras. "Shouldn't you be with Lee? Katie's cousin?" she said with a raised eyebrow. She's not the petty type. She only said it in concern which I don't blame. She's one of my fake exes. She knows the real me... more or less.

"Lee and I are friends. Nothing of it", I said a little too quickly. I ignored the heaviness in my chest. "I actually came here to see you."

"Hmm... there are two reasons why you want to come to see me", she theorized, "one: you need help with schoolwork. However, you always do jump back on track even with a week of absence." Well, it pays to have a brain for a computer. "So, it must be the latter: you need information." What did I tell, ya? Smartest girl in school.