Whispers in the Dark

When Raph said I was a genius... yeah... I didn't expect him to bring us to the mall. I thought he wanted to drag his brothers to my place to watch the competition. Unfortunately, that wasn't his idea. What Raph had in mind was sneaking into a department store in the mall to use their WiFi. April used to work there and got fired a day later; for what I don't know. Who knew their password was 1? Talk about stupid; stupid yet genius.

While the turtles tuned in on their cells, me and Alex were left abandoned on a table. I decided to play MapleStory M while Alex fumed beside me. "What's the point in joining in the fun if you're left alone?" he asked.

"Yup", I answered, not caring in the slightest bit.

"I mean I practically designed this ensemble for Raphael to pay attention to me. Now he's admiring his phone rather than admiring yours truly."

"Yup."

I heard a huff from the fashion designer. "Excuse me", he whispered, harshly. "Aren't you bothered by Leenie Beany's avoidance of you?"

Fucking DUH I was! Leo's not talking to me, and I was reduced to playing games on my phone! Yeah, I'm pissed. "Didn't you tell me to let him come me first?"

"I did but you're deflecting more than usual. It's unnerving."

I exited my game, looking around the store. "Wanna bounce? Got a whole mall to ourselves. Let's explore."

"By all means, let us go since we're not WANTED!" Alex yelled, mostly toward a distracted snapping turtle. I gave the red-eared slider a final glance before leaving the department store.

We explored the bottom floor first. I was disappointed in the laid-back security here. Even the cameras were turned off. Then I realized Donnie, the genius that he is, must've hacked the security feed.

"You should've let me stay home", I muttered.

"Oh, you're blaming me now." I turned over to Alex who looked more angry than necessary. "Made any progress with your hubby?"

"Touche, dipshit." I stopped. What am I doing? What's the point in coming along with the turtles with one of them doesn't "I don't know what to do, Alex. I tried talking to him, but he kept avoiding me. Even staying away doesn't help. I just want this whole standoff shit to be over, you know."

"You two need work. I'm willing to offer my service. Again. If you're willing to listen."

"Am I going to like this elaborate plan of yours?"

"Darling, it's as simple as reciting the ABCs. Question. How do you feel about close spaces?"

I'm already hating his plan.

~Lady Ai~

I frowned watching Merrill leave with Alex. Yeah. It's better this way. Merrill should be with someone in his league. If he goes out with Alex, he'll be happy and with a human. Everyone wins!

'Is species important in your generation?' Light asked.

I REALLY don't want to talk to you.

'Someone needs to talk some sense into you and my faith in the blond human vanished like a speck of dust. In all fairness, he should have added more to his so-called advice.'

I looked at my phone and frowned again seeing an ad. I'm busy, Light. Can't you lecture me tomorrow when I'm not too invested in the skating finals?

'And you like to avoid the unsettling atmosphere.'

Light, go talk to someone who cares! They went silent. I cringed. Light... I'm sorry... I didn't mean it... I was just... frustrated...?

No answer. I didn't know they were emotionally sensitive.