Meet the Taylors

A few weeks have went by... Fatima is now almost 6 months pregnant, her belly has nearly doubled in size and she has even started moving slower. Today is Wednesday, they both took a week off work to fly to New York for Thanksgiving with the Taylor's!

|Airport waiting area|

Fatima: baby are you sure you packed my Gucci slides?
Zac: (chuckles) yessss!! And even if I had forgotten- what were you gon do? It's not like we can go back and fetch them when the plane's boarding soon (laughs)
Fatima: naw nigga we were finna turn back!! They're literally the only shoes that fit my feet rn (laughs)
Zac: lol okay baby, let's hurry up before we miss this flight

A few hours later they land at the New York airport and get picked up by Zac's uncle. Zac grew up without a father and his mother was partially absent, so his mom's brother (uncle Tommy) took on the role of a father and helped raise Zac and Jeremiah.

They arrive at the Taylor's household, it's a standard 4 bedroom house and its located in a "middle-class" neighborhood.

Zac: (opens the door) welcome to where I grew up!
Anita: (hugs Zac and then Fatima) hello my babies!! Welcome to New York Fatima
Fatima: thank you Ms Anita
Anita: baby we family now, so just call me mama
Fatima: (smiles) okay
Anita: come in! Come in! Take a seat! Can I get you anything to drink?
Zac: just water please
Anita: (smacks her teeth) boy you know your way to the kitchen! Gone!!
Zac: (laughs) that's cold mama, (looks at Tima) you want anything baby?
Fatima: no thanks, I think I wanna lie down. That flight drained me and I'm kinda cramping (rubs on her belly)
Zac: (worried) cramps?? Should we get you to a hospital? How bad is the pain from a scale of 1-10?
Anita: boy hush! She's fine! I think the baby's just sitting on one of her organs and that pressure is causing her pain.
Fatima: yep that's exactly what it is! Don't worry Zac, I spoke to the Dr last week and she said it's normal during this period of pregnancy
Anita: see!! Go rest up baby, then come join me in the kitchen later on so we can start preparing tomorrow's food
Zac: mama!!! She just said she not feeling well and you want her to slave around the kitchen?
Fatima: (laughs) baby it's cool! I love cooking and I can't wait to learn those recipes you spoke about
Anita: (smiles) see Zac you just worried bout nothing, she's fine!

Zac grabs two bottles of water, their luggage and walks Fatima to their bedroom, which was his room as a teen.

Fatima: (holding a baby pic of Zac) awww look at you!! Weren't you just the cutest baby (chuckles)
Zac: yea I was!! If baby Taylor can take after these genes then SHE will be the cutest!
Fatima: SHE??! last I checked we don't know the gender yet
Zac: I know baby but a man can manifest (laughs)
Fatima: (laughs but gets interrupted by a pain in her abdomen) ahhhhh!!!
Zac: are you okay baby?
Fatima: (rubs on her belly) yeah, the pressure's just getting worse! Yo big headed baby is heavyyy
Zac: (stands behind her and puts his hands under her belly, gently lifting it) that better?
Fatima: (moans) mmhhh yess! Much better, thank you baby
Zac: (chuckles) guess that couple's yoga class we attended once actually came in handy
Fatima: (laughs) yeaa... I should book us more classes when we get back to ATL
Zac: God no!!! Baby those classes go on foreverrr!!
Fatima: (laughs) you have to do it for me and your baby
Zac: (kisses her cheek) yeah yeah whatever, lemme help you into bed.

Zac opens the duvet covers and places a nice fluffy pillow on her side of the bed, then he helps her to get in the bed. She takes a while switching positions til she's comfortable and then she dozes off... Zac kisses her and her belly, then he goes to the backyard to go chill with his uncle.

|INTERMISSION: the Taylor's names are as follow= Anita (Zac's mom), uncle Tommy/
uncle T (Zac's uncle), Jeremiah (Zac's brother),
Kiesha and Brenda (cousins/ uncle Tommy twin daughters).|

|Backyard|

Zac and his uncle are firing up the grill since they're gonna have a BBQ for dinner.

Uncle T: grab me a beer son
Zac: you got it unc! So how's NY been treating you?
Uncle T: (chuckles) same as when you left, ain't nun changed
Zac: lol aight and how have the twins been treating you?
Uncle T: shit! Those two are determined to make my gray hairs come in sooner (laughs) for your sake I hope you don't have a daughter!
Zac: shhh!! Don't put that negativity in the air man, I actually want a daughter since I already have a son!
Uncle T: ohh yeah lil Roman! Where is he btw?
Zac: he's with his mama in Chicago, he'll be with me for Christmas though
Uncle T: im proud of you son! You've really made something of yourself despite your tough upbringing
Zac: thanks unc! Shit if I'm being honest, I have you to thank for that!
Uncle T: (chuckles) what did lil ol me do?
Zac: come on man don't be modest! You know you taught me how to be a man, I'll forever be grateful for that!
Uncle T: I was only doing my job son! Stepping up for my sister when she was in a bind
Zac: yeah and thank you for that unc! Me and Jeremiah wouldn't have grown up to be the men we are today if not for you!
Uncle T: (daps him up) you got it son! Btw, where is your brother?
Zac: he said something about his girlfriend gotta work today so they'll fly in tomorrow
Uncle T: (laughs) girlfriend?! Now which girl is desperate enough to date Jeremiah??!
Zac: (laughs) damnnn unc that's cold!!
Uncle T: I hope this girl can keep him out of trouble though 
Zac: guess we'll find out tomorrow

Meanwhile back in the house Kiesha and Brenda just came back from the store, they had went to buy some rolls, snacks and soda for tonight's BBQ.

|Kitchen|

Brenda: TT where you want me to put this?
Anita: grab a dish and place it inside
Kiesha: where's Fatima?
Anita: she's asleep, she wasn't feeling too well when they arrived a few hours ago
Brenda: naw she's lazy, imma go wake her ass up and we can go for a walk- show her around the neighborhood
Kiesha: (chuckles) B if you don't let that lady sleep damnn!! you ain't never been pregnant you don't know how it feels
Anita: (laughs) that's right and keep it that way baby, don't be opening your legs for these boys until they put a ring on it (side eye's Kiesha)
Brenda: (laughs) ouuu TT you shadyyy asf!
Anita: I'm just playing, Kiesha knows I'm just pulling her leg (laughs)
Kiesha: (laughs) yeah whatever!

Fatima has been asleep for nearly 3 hours, she has just woken up and makes her way into the kitchen...

Brenda: (hugs her) yayyy you're up!!! I was just bout to come wake yo ass up
Fatima: (laughs) I forgot how you be
Kiesha: (hugs her) how you feeling sis
Fatima: much better, I think the baby was asleep too. Lol I actually woke up because of hunger
Brenda: Daddy and Zac are almost done with the meat, how bout we go for a walk while we wait
Anita: ohh lawwwd Brenda!! Leave Fatima alone (laughs)
Brenda: well excuse me for being excited about finally having an older sister who just gets me!
Kiesha: bro I'm yo whole ass twin! Don't nobody get you like me (laughs)
Brenda: yeah yeah... I said OLDER!!
Fatima: (laughs) yall are a mess... let's go for that walk, the Dr said it'll be helpful when it's time for delivery
Kiesha: ouu chile I don't wish to be you!! As much as I love my daughter, you couldn't pay me to make go through that pain again (laughs)

The three of them leave and go for the walk... They return after 20min and they all sit outside watching the stars, eating, drinking and just laughing together.

Anita: (stands up) alright girls! Let's go get started on making tomorrow's food
Brenda: (whines) damnnn TT I'm tired!! Can't we do it tomorrow?
Kiesha: yeah we'll wake up in the a.m pleaseee TT
Anita: (laughs) yall are lazyyy!! But okay tomorrow before the sun come up I want all yall in the kitchen!

Zac, Uncle T and Fatima are hysterically laughing at the twins and the whole a.m situation...

Anita: aht aht you too Fatima! Welcome to the family babygirl (laughs) Good night yall