Epic Meeting in Slateport (Contestshipping)

Hey! So...this story was originally posted in Pokémon World: The Johto Journeys, but I decided to transfer it to the oneshot world. It's more suited to be here anyway, and the other book can now solely focus on Milani's journey through Johto. If you guys haven't checked out the book, Milani is journeying Johto while Drew is competing in contests in Hoenn. At this time, Ash is also journeying Hoenn.

This is based from the episode "Now That's Flower Power!"

(Drew's POV)

Well...I'm here in Slateport City for ANOTHER contest. I'll be honest. Competing isn't as fun as it used to be. I won my two ribbons with ease. Are there still coordinators worth battling against? Why did I come here so early? The contest isn't until two weeks from now. Never mind. There might be strong coordinators out here. I can't let my guard down.

All my rivals from my first stint here in Hoenn have gone to other regions. Solidad went to Kanto. Rudolf, Nic, Peter, Efren, Johnson, Mike, April, June and July have all gone to either Sinnoh or Kanto. I don't really know (or care) where Isabelle went.

Still...none of those rivals can be considered as my "main rival", the kind of rival that Milani has in Jonny. She said I'd find one eventually, but so far, still no one.

Speaking of Milani...I remember last year when she had her contest here. I wish I don't run into that Cacturne-man here.

Whatever. I don't care who I go up against. Hmm...I guess I should do some rounds. I still couldn't help but think...

I wonder how that girl from Petalburg is doing.

Ok...it's been more than a year since the last I saw her, but I still haven't forgotten about her. Milani had already met her face to face, but she never told me anything. She didn't even tell me the girl's name.

Drew, focus! You have to forget about that already.

I walked out of the resort and saw so many amateur coordinators. Seriously...these are the people I'm competing against? I continued walking until I saw the beach people covered in sand. How in the world did that happen? Hmph...must've been an amateur coordinator working on some lame appeal.

I continued my rounds and saw more hopefuls. This is ridiculous. I'm just gonna go back to my room in the resort. Yeah...I don't do Pokémon Centers anymore.

"Beautifly, Silver Wind. Now!" I heard someone shout. Oh great. Don't tell me someone's practicing her routine in this area too. No...I'm not gonna check it out this time. Wait...where's the Silver Wind? Another amateur.

"No, not again! We keep on messing that one up." She said. Oh poor girl. Messing that one up is an understatement.

"You might not want to use that move in the contest yet, May." A boy said. Whoa...what? Good thing April, June and July aren't here. Looks like we've finally found a May. Yet...she's a poor amateur. Should I even give this one a look? Ugh...I'm out of here. She has to give up before it's too late.

I started walking away, but something stopped me.

"So, Beautifly, one more time from the top!" The girl said. Does this girl know when to quit? I guess not. Fine...let's go give this one a look this...uh...time.

NO WAY.

IT CAN'T BE HER.

Brown hair, blue eyes and a red bandana. IT IS HER.

THE GIRL FROM PETALBURG.

AND SHE'S A COORDINATOR?!

I CAN'T BELIEVE I FELL FOR THIS AMATEUR...AND HER NAME IS MAY?! Man...the things I wish about.