Misty's Song (Pokeshipping)

Gary: WHOA.

Milani: Whut?

Gary: Turn down for what?! *adlib dancing*

Milani: Hey.

Drew: We have a songfic.

Milani: It's probably the most clichéd song for this ship.

Drew: Yep.

Milani: Enjoy the oneshot.

--

After Ash had returned from the Kalos region, Brock decided to have a little camping trip with him and Misty for old time's sake.

Misty was excited and nervous at the same time. She was excited because she gets to reunite with the guys she considers as her best friends. She was nervous because she got to see Ash again and she will hear the stories about his adventures and his new friends.

Well...there's nothing wrong with Ash making friends. He can have as many friends as he wants. That's beyond her control.

Of course...what if he had met a friend that would make him forget about her? Maybe he had met someone who might have stolen his heart.

Misty sighed.

Her thoughts were getting the best of her again.

Of course Ash will always consider her special.

It's just that Misty feels something really special about Ash...and it's not just friendship.

After all the years that have passed, she knew very well that he's no mere crush.

She was in love with him.

She has been keeping her feelings bottled up for so long. They say it's unhealthy to do that. She should tell her feelings before it's too late.

But...even if she tells him...would he say that he loves her too?

She looked up and saw that Ash and Brock were coming her way.

"Hey Misty!!!" Ash yelled as Pikachu ran towards her.

"Pikachu-pi!" Pikachu yelled as he hopped on Misty's shoulder.

"Hey guys." Misty greeted.

"Wow. It's been way too long, guys." Brock said as he and Ash have caught up to her.

"You're early." Ash said to Misty as he sat beside her.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you guys! I haven't seen you both since you took on the Battle Frontier." Misty said.

"That has been a long time ago." Brock said.

"Yeah. I guess we never saw each other before I left for Sinnoh." Ash said.

"I know. I'm so busy at the gym that I couldn't visit." Misty said.

"I'm glad you still decided to come, though." Brock said.

"I had to! I need a break." Misty said.

"So...how is the gym leader life, Mist?" Ash asked.

"You know...tiring, exhausting, but fun." Misty said. She took a breath as she thought if she should ask questions she might regret asking later.

Hmm...maybe she won't regret them. She'll just have to find out.

"So...after you defeated the Battle Frontier, how come May and Max didn't follow you guys to Sinnoh?" Misty asked.

"Well...to be honest...it would have been fun to have May and Max around in Sinnoh, but May decided to go to Johto instead." Ash said.

"Johto? How come?" Misty asked.