-49-

While the national anthem played me and Faith stood next to eachother and she rested her head on mine, she was almost 6' so she could do that with ease. Once it ended I took off my cross necklace that my grandma gave me when I was a baby, it was sentimental to me especially that now she was diagnosed with lung cancer. I took it off and put it in my bag and sat down. We went over plays before the ref blew the whistle. "Jump that shit" I told faith, we usually had our other big do jump but this team was a little shorter than normal teams so we had her do it instead. Once she obviously won the jump hall she knocked it back to Alisha and the clock started. She Jab stepped then drove but reversed and hit a 3. Our next possession i got a mid range shot and once the team came back down they drove in for a layup getting stuffed by faith, they call a timeout. "Ight I know we boutta cool these girls, just go out and have fun k?" Our coach said and we went back on the court as the buzzer rang. By halftime the score was 50-23 38 of them were mine and we all knew that we were gonna win, not in a cocky way. "So how are you and that boy Alisha?" I asked her referring to the boy from homecoming "oh we don't talk anymore but there's this new guy named Trevor, my lord he's fine." She answered spazzing out after saying his name. "You got a new hoe every month girl damn" I laughed. "Damn straight! I still can't believe that you and Melo have been dating for 6 months, I better be in your wedding" she said standing up and twirling around as if she was in a dress. "Of course, now cmon we gotta go" I said, I knew that halftime was 20 mins and we had been in there for 15. For the remaining time we just rested on the bench. The buzzer went off so we went back onto the court with the ball in our possession. Alisha brought it up and I hit a step back banging a 3, the bitches call me harden. I had 2 fouls near the end of the 3rd quarter when I fake drove and broke some girls ankles, driving again with a reverse layup. The score was now 72-45 and I'm 4 points away from my career high which was from a 57 point game, yes I did that freshman year. The last quarter we mainly were having our seniors score, when the buzzer went off it clicked that I finally got a new career high of 78 points, we won the game 96-59. We high fived the other team and went giggling and laughing into the locker room. "Well Girls it's been a great year I'm so fucking proud of you girls" Coach said tearing up. We talked for a little while longer and went in for a group hug, finally splitting up for the season. I ran over to Melo hugging him and he picked me up, wrapping my legs around him. "Baby 78 points that was great!!" He kissed my cheeks and I giggled. "This season was amazing, I'm glad you were there the whole way" I say grabbing his face kissing him. We settled down and the ball family, my parents, Nick, and Ally came over all congratulating me and taking pictures with me. Melo took a selfie with me for his Instagram and captioned it 'my girl just dropped 78 points on yo local team 😵‍💫😵‍💫'  I smiled. We all said our goodbyes and Melo went with his parents, once I got home I was tired so I immediately went to bed with a smile on my face.

Little did I know that was my last Highschool game of my life, I had grander opportunities coming my way.