-59-

I woke up on Sunday morning at 9am, my cat was laying next to me. "Hey Olivia" I said quietly and she stood up, stretched, then layed on top of my chest. I grabbed my phone off the nightstand and took a picture of her nose against mine. We layed there for another hour and I got a text.

Melo 💗
Goodmorning Baby

Me
Morning Melo 💋 what r u doing today?

Melo 💗
Just gonna play 2k with the guys wbu?

Me
oh, nothing

Melo 💗
Ok, talk to you later love you 😘

Me
Love u to

I frowned. "Maybe he just forgot" I said quietly and my cat rubbed her face on mine. I sighed and turned on my tv turning on Netflix. "Honey?" My mom knocked on the door. "Yea?" I asked and she came in. "It's almost 10, you want breakfast?" She sat down on the side of my bed petting my cat. "No I'm good" I mumble. "Everything ok?" She asked now rubbing my arm. "I guess, I don't really wanna talk about it." I say. "Alright honey well if you want to you know where I am" she kissed my cheek and left my room. I moved my cat to next to me and I layed behind her and put my arm over her, holding my phone. I scrolled through TikTok as tears fell silently, I can't believe it's been a whole fucking year and he still forgot. My cat gently knocked her head against my cheek and rubbed it back and forth, unknowingly wiping the tears off my face. I layed in bed most of the day, my cat left for a little bit but came back, it was now 4:45 pm and there was no point in waiting for him now.

"Happy one year Melo, just know it will always be you

"Happy one year Melo, just know it will always be you. 💗" 21k likes 700 comments 385 shares

I posted that on my Instagram and started crying even more, my head hurts so bad as I watched shameless while eating goldfish, the only thing I've ate today since I haven't come out of my room.

Melo POV:
"AHAHAHA HEADTAP BITCH" I yelled after I dunked on one of my friends. Dmo's phone dings in the background and he goes silent. "Yo Melo you know we been playing all day right?" He asks me. "Yeah why?" I raise my eyebrow even though he can't see me. "Oh shit" Cam said, after his phone went off too. "Whattt" I shouted. "Bro check your Instagram" Dmo said. I grabbed my phone and opened Instagram, Tay tagged me in a post. "Happy one year Melo just know it will always be you." I whispered to myself. My eyes went wide. "Oh fuck oh shut this ain't good omfg. I gotta go" I scrambled to get up. "Go fix that Brutha" Cam said and I hung up. I quickly got dressed and ran downstairs. "Dad we need to go, like now omfg I messed up bad" I yelled to him as I ran into the kitchen and grabbed flowers out of the vase on the dining room table. "Boy Whatchu do now?" He asked grabbing the keys. "I forgot that it was me and Tays one year today I only said Goodmorning this morning!" I panicked and ran out to the car with my dad jogging behind me. "Boy that ain't something that you just don't remember! Come on now!" He lectured me loudly -I deserved it- and started up the car quickly pulling out. "I know dad I know, It just slipped my mind" I said as he slowed down quickly to park outside. "Go fix up what you fucked up boy" he said and parked the car. I flew out and quickly fixed myself and knocked on the door.