Chapter 49- You're in LOVE Part 2 (Stephen Pearcy)

I find myself waking up with a start and realize a few things: One, its late at night.... about 3am. Two, Vince isn't in bed with me.... Wait.... Panicking, I throw on boxers racing to our bathroom and then all around the house and still no husband and it hits me like being struck by lightning...

The beach.... he's gotta be out there! I am worried about him, hastily grabbing now a blanket and throwing on some pajama pants.... racing now to find him. I bet he's gotten sick, I know he's having a rough time with his morning sickness and he I can tell feels guilty and shamed, though he has NOTHING to feel bad about.... it's something he can't fucking help....

The moon is out...illuminating the night and I find: Vince knees drawn up to his chest.... shoulders shaking with sobs, breaking my fucking heart. Without words, I sit down beside him, wrapping the blanket around him...pulling him close, keeping him warm.... hoping he will talk to me. He only cries harder.

"Vince PLEASE.... talk to me, it will make you feel better I promise. I'm worried about you....it scared me you weren't there beside me.... but I understand baby dolls, I DO. Try and calm down for our little sugar cookie's sake." Vince's response is only to burrow further into my embrace in my warmth, I gently rub his back and sigh, "I know Vinny you're going thru a lot right now, your morning sickness is rough, so many emotions....and I imagine its very overwhelming. Vinny, I promise in my life you have nothing to feel ashamed of or guilty about. You can't fucking help any of this. You aren't ruining anything, you HAVEN'T." I feel tears in my eyes and my voice cracks.

Vince calms down after a bit, how much time has passed.... I don't know, it doesn't matter. All that matters is me being here for him. Finally, Vince speaks, his voice small. "I-I....didn't wanna wake you, I woke up t-to my make some tea or something....I did, but....i kept getting sick....and...and I stopped finally....drank some more tea and ate some crackers and cucumber an' some chips and I felt...nauseous again...and like I said I didn't wanna bother you.....but....you....are right.....so right." I feel guilty as Vince starts to cry again, so I cup his face in my hands washing away his tears as I can.

"I am sorry I made you cry..." I whisper, "I just wanna make you feel better and when I took vows, its for better or worse.... for all times like with what you are going through now. I am here always, and I am gonna love you through it, that's a promise Vinny. Cause sugar cookie you are my world...and now...." Here I take one of my hands bringing it to rest on his stomach. "—My world is growing, that's OUR baby inside you. Its pretty fucking amazing if you ask me. My point Vinny is I love you...so much and I will take care of you and our baby.... Now, do you want to go back to bed? You look like you need sleep."

"I love you...too and cuddles?" Softly and hopefully.

"Cuddles it is Sugar cookie." And with that, I carefully pick him up bridal style blanket and all as he burrows further into my embrace and once we arrive back in our bedroom, I change him into his favorite t-shirt and shorts and change my sleep pant and my husband is amazingly still awake as I pull him into my arms for the requested cuddles with one of my hands resting on his stomach where our child lay growing....

After some moments of silence, Vince's voice floats to me...

"Stephen? I...I.... just wanted to say thank you. For being here for me. Its...its like you said, this....is all kind of overwhelming for me. I AM happy to be having a baby, something I have wanted for SO long with you.... but the morning sickness and how it affected our wedding and all...I can't help but feel guilty, though I know otherwise. I couldn't fucking go thru this without you."

"Vinny..." I begin feeling tears in my eyes, "I do what I should have always done, love you and take care of you completely. I do what I do because I love you...I love our baby and you will NEVER again have to go thru anything alone." My voice coated in emotion, and I realize that my husband's breathing has evened out and he is now asleep, gently I run my fingers thru his hair with my free hand and whisper, "Sleep well baby, I've got you." And I follow my husband into sleep....

Once more I find myself waking up, but this time I am not alone...Vince is still asleep and judging by the light coming in, it's the afternoon sometime and I have to say...THIS is the greatest way to wake up.... with him by my side.

This.... never gets old. He is HERE with me, sometimes.... or a lot of times really, I must pinch myself, everything so surreal. I can't imagine life without him anymore...especially since I SADLY know what its like to live without him. it taken me losing him twice, still very painful to think about, but again he IS HERE and here with me.... none of that matters now, all that matters is HIM and our unborn child....

I am broken out of my reverie by Vince stirring, whiskey eyes opening.... blurry from sleep, him groaning...

"Ugh...."

"Gonna get sick?" Vince is pail but he manages to whisper....

"Dizzy."

"Close your eyes baby doll and breathe deeply, inhale...exhale." Vince does as I say and eventually, he tells me he doesn't feel dizzy anymore and I kiss him, taking my time and as always loving the feeling.

Vince smiles softly, sleepily afterwards. "I don't feel so dizzy anymore...and I love you."

I exhaled in relief that he doesn't feel dizzy but am still concerned about how pale he is prompting me to ask, "Do you feel like you're gonna get sick? You look pale."

"Mmm...I do feel nauseous, so.... i am...not sure." Vince bursts into tears.

"Shh, sugar cookie.... It's ok. It will be ok." I soothe, "How about you rest here in bed, and I bring you something to eat and some tea?"

"I...would really love a shower maybe....and...um could I have cucumbers with that balsamic and feta? And...do we have prosciutto? Really wanting salty stuff."

"Shower it is." I agree and smile, "Yes you can have that, as much as you want, and we do have that Vinny. If not, I'll get whatever you need. Love you."

"Love you too." I lean in and kiss him before leaning down and kissing his stomach, telling our baby 'Good morning' aka good afternoon.

I help Vince take a shower and sadly he DOES get sick in the shower for a few minutes, but I manage to get him clean...hair dried, bathe my self somewhere in there and change Vince into one of my t-shirts and a pair of shorts, and tuck him under the covers telling him to rest.

"Stephen? C-Can we go walking on the beach later maybe?" Vince asks before I leave to make Vince tea and gather his cravings.

"Of course, we can.... We will see how you feel. And you and our little sugar cookie do need some sun. I'll be right back ok if you need me.... call me baby." Vince promises to do so, and he drifts off and I linger watching over him, and whispering, "Be back in a minute sugar cookie, love you."

A/N: Part 2 is done! Next up will be part 3, so stay tuned!