Chapter 66- A Happy Crϋe Year Part 1 (Mick Mars)

I feel as I have for going on four years now that I didn't truly start LIVING or was 'alive' until Paul.... always Paul. I never knew what love was until him, never knew such love and acceptance. We've already weathered many storms it seems these past few years and have come out stronger, never have I been more grateful to be HIS, to have him by my side......

Our Christmas was wonderful, Nikki's had it rough with the morning sickness.... it's rough on Vince carrying twins and entering his fifth month of pregnancy, and now my beloved mate is 7 months pregnant with our son...Les Paul, we'd thought it was a girl, but the point is we're happy. But ah yes, Christmas.... everyone sent gifts to one another's houses, everyone doing their own thing.... but we kept in touch with one another and have made plans to gather for Christmas this.... coming year, as it is now January 1, 1987.... midnight, and I am locked in an embrace with my mate.... our lips to be more exact....

"Happy New Year my beautiful star......" I trail off concerned now as Paul bursts into tears, "Babe what's wrong?"

"S-Sore....and....do you f-find me attractive still?" Paul looks down at his swollen stomach, I place a gently hand on it, smiling as I feel Les move about and with my free hand caress my husband's cheek, making him look at me...., "Hey LISTEN to me Paul, I have always and I mean fucking always found you beautiful and I ain't just talking physically, I love all parts of you....i love you in any way, shape or form and you take my breath away even more so now." I lean forward to kiss him, just to let him feel me before I then say, "Let's see about getting you less sore and maybe get you upstairs, I could run you a nice hot bath and I'll check on Hope too."

Paul nods tearfully, as I carefully help him up and get him upstairs, us starting and stopping and naturally Paul insists on checking on our daughter first, who is sleeping away and we both stand there a moment, watching over her.

"This all feels like a dream sometimes to me.... that she's HERE Mick....and, and now our son is nearly here...just 2 more months.... I....so-so...sore!!" Tearfully and shamed at the end of that statement breaking my heart.

"Paul, you have NOTHING to be ashamed of, nothing. And I know just what you mean my mate.... now, let's see about getting you less sore." Paul looks down at me with a grimace, looking so sad. I just simply hold him as I can, just letting know I am here with him and I ain't going anywhere, one last glance at Hope who is still sleeping peacefully and I lead Paul back to our bedroom, carefully laying him down on the bed.... massaging him all over until his pained groans turned into satisfied groans. "Do you feel a little better physically my star?" Softly, "I'll run that bath for you and of course, I'll be right there with you. Never forget how much I love you, love our children and to me you ARE PERFECT."

"Mick...my alien, I couldn't do this without you. THANK YOU for being here for me, for loving me...for just EVERYTHING. And before you go fix that bath, could you kiss me?" Tearfully, lovingly.

"You never have to ask..." I whisper claiming his plump and soft lips, and I swear no lie I am falling even more in love with him, with each passing moment. After I manage to pry my self from my husband's lips, I lay kisses over his swollen stomach.... feeling Les move contentedly and I also feel Paul run his fingers thru my hair....

After another kiss, I quickly star the bath and include Paul's favorite scent of Jasmine and Iris, strip my husband...eyes roving hungrily and lovingly both over his body, and am rewarded with Paul's blush....i carefully, oh so carefully soon help him in the bath making sure he is ok, that Les is ok and Paul sighs...hands coming to rest on his swollen stomach as he turns to me with a smile....

"How lucky am I? To have someone such as you Mick Mars? That LOVES me, that I am proud to say I am YOURS, to be YOURS?"

"I could say much the same my Star..." I trail off, stripping down to my boxers, Paul's eyes never leaving mine as I then seat myself close enough to touch him. "—Another year with YOU, a new one.... new life entering the world, and our daughter turns 2 in another week or so."

"Oh, I know.... i love that, you have no true idea just how much Mick....and I know this is random or hell maybe not, but do you remember the first day we met?"

I smile and my tone is laced with reminiscence and fondness, "Ah yes that meeting we had with your band. The terror Twins making their 'special' brand of trouble, not able to sit still or not break shit for 2 seconds.... your drummer giving Tommy a run for his money, Simmons glaring, and stone faced..." Here my eyes fill with tears, "Then there was you.... i was struck by.... i mean it wasn't just your beauty, it was.... the eyes, that look of loneliness....and you were nothing like I thought, and I thought there was no way in hell, you'd give me the time of day."

Paul reaches for my hand, and I gladly give him mine, him holding it tightly...tracing my fingers.... His voice is husky due to tears.

"I thought much the same.... but I saw you, quiet.... levelheaded, mysterious...intelligent. I didn't know or recognize my feelings at the time. I never thought you'd feel the same way about me. I was so damned insecure...it was crippling me. Kiss was starting to really fall apart....and then came that day Gene tried to get you kicked off tour and suddenly it struck me, I didn't want you to leave, I HAD to do something...and moreover, I realized I loved you...and you made me feel normal. So, I took a chance, and you were so shocked at first...when I kissed you, but you looked at me like I hung the moon....and then I was LOST...and found and knew I couldn't picture my life with out you. Mick, you saved me in every way...everyway."

"You got me to open.... lay bare my soul, only you and it will ever only be you. I love you Paul, God...do I love you." I whisper......i carefully lean over to kiss him.

Eventually Paul starts to doze, so I get him out of the tub, drain it...quickly check on Hope once more and have Paul settled in comfy in our bed in no time, as I lay beside him, my hand on his swollen stomach where it seems at last our son is asleep.

"Happy New Year my beloved alien, I love you." Paul whispers, followed by a huge yawn.

"Happy New Year my beloved mate....and I love you too." And then I add on, "Sleep my star."

Paul in mere moments falls asleep and I follow suit....and of course I dream of MY star, and my children......

A/N: New Years at the Mars-Stanley house, TLC alien style. Next is part 2 to this.