Returning home

Carly

The following days had everyone finishing off their training and it was hell I've learnt so much while I was here. I just hope I can reel in my emotions and not throw a spat when I return home. Well, we'll just have to wait and see.

The past few nights we've had a bonfire at the camp with sing-alongs, usually not my thing but it was pretty cool when they all made up the lyrics as they went along.

Tonight was officially our last night and we were all gathered around the large bonfire waiting for the firework display. Kyler and Bulldog Jr. Came and sat beside me, dropping their arms over my shoulders, smirking. "We're going to miss you, Carls."

"I'll miss you guys too."

"Will you be coming back for summer camp?"

"I am I promised a certain someone I will be helping out with the new campers anI'm going to meet the camps counsellor and get started on my training."

"Cool. We can't wait to see your early little ass again."

"And I can definitely wait to see your flirty asses."

"Argh don't be like that Carly poo.W just being well us."

My smile faltered.

"What's wrong Carly poo?"

"Nothing, just my brother, he always calls me that. I miss him."

"Awe, baby, you'll see him when you go home."

I shook my head. "He's in private school. I won't see him until July, but I'll be here."

They squeezed my shoulders. "We're sorry Carls, maybe you can invite him down here for a week."

"I'll talk to mom and dad, I'm sure he'll be up for it."

They both smiled and we sat in front of the bonfire as the fireworks spiralled in the sky lighting it up with bangs, pops and sizzles.

This has to be the best night here since the day I stepped onto the campgrounds. It's just a pity that Charley couldn't be here to see all of this.

It was after midnight when we all returned to our lodges for bed. The following morning I was up with the birds. I'd showered, relieved myself and was dressed for the trip back home. One I wasn't looking forward to because I knew once I returned home I would have to see aiden, some I was not looking forward to seeing. But had no choice in the matter. I haven't seen or spoken to him sinceI left for camp and right no I have no intention to cause once our paths cross I know I will flip my lid and tell him exactly where to shove our relationship before I let him know I want nothing to do with him ever again I don't give as it if we're family or not he betrayed me and everything we stood for once my back was turned.

A knock to the door of my cabin brought more out of my thoughts.

I opened it to a beaming smile. One I was not expecting."Curtis what are you doing hereI thought.."

"I twisted their arms to let me escort you to the camp entry. "Are you all packed and ready to go?"

"I am, just give me a second to grab my stuff."

"Let me help."

"I can grab them myself, I'm not an invalid."

"No one said you were." he grinned.

I grabbed my bags up off the bed and he grabbed one out of my hand, I sighed and he winked. "Count yourself lucky Carly. If it was Kyler and Buldog Jr, they would've taken them without an argument off you."