When All Goes Wrong

Star

"Come on Carly, let's get a drink."

"We'll, get it for you?"

"No, thanks, we're good all the same."

Drake nodded.

I have to keep my eye on these guys. Jasmine had warned me all about these types of parties and that the guys snuck into drinks so that they could have a piece of you. Not on my watch.

I know all about the stupid game they played with the first years. They are not pulling it on Carly. Jasmine had told me all about what happened at her welcoming party with the king of the frat. I guess that he had never met a girl like Jasmine before. Jasmine is strong-willed and nothing fazes her or embarrasses her. She's one tough cookie with a great left hook.

No one gets on her bad side; the guy never lived it down until he left. Being punched in the face by a girl is not an everyday occurrence, so I guess he was a little shocked by it. Most girls are all pissy and cry before it all gets too much and leaves.

I don't think Carly will be able to get through it. I've seen her scars and, at a guess, she's had it hard at school and self harm was the only way she could get through it. She won't have to any more because she's got me.

"Why didn't you let Drake get us drinks?"

I rolled my eyes, so naive.

"Because by the time he gets back to us, they could be laced with god knows what."

She gasps. "So they slip drugs into drinks?"

"You got it."

"But why? What does it achieve?"

"A whole lot. Look Carly, I know you're not stupid, but these guys will do anything and I mean do anything to get inside you."

"Drakes is not like that, is he?"

"They are all well, minus Able. He chooses to stay clear of their stupid games and pranks; at least he has a Brian."

"How do you know all of this?"

"My sister. Jasmine. She's in her last year here like those idiots. She's told me everything, so please be careful and don't accept any drinks from them."

"I won't, I promise."

I smile, and we head to the makeshift bar and grab some red cups fuck knows what's in the drink, but it burns as it goes down. "To a new year and new and better prospects." I say.

Carly smiles and taps her cup with mine. We gulp it down, taking another. At this rate, we'll both be pissed before the night is over.

"I'm going to the bathroom."

I nod. I'll be right here, don't get lost."

"I'll try not to."

Carly

I leave Star by the bar and head through the crowded lounge and head up the stairs through the sea of students who are either drinking or making out ewe gross. I'm not opposed to PDA, but I don't wish to see others swallowing each other.

I finally reached the top of the stairs and managed to locate the bathroom. Damn, there's a line Star is going to think I've got lost. Finally, I manage to get in and lose the door and relieve myself and make sure my makeup is still as it was hours ago. Thankfully, I don't have to do my makeup. I headed out of the bathroom and passed the long line for it. I head down the stairs where Drake is waiting, smiling. "How about a dance? Carly. I haven't seen you all night."