Chapter 149: Clash of Lightning

* EARLIER THAT DAY *
* KIRITO'S POV *

*knock knock*

Kirito: "Sinon? Are you here?"

It took a little while, but eventually the door did open up, and on the other side of the room's door stood a sleepy–looking Sinon, a hand covering her mouth as she yawned. I suppose it is pretty early in the morning, I don't often show up at her room this early, but I was already awake so I thought I might as well pop by and see if she's up and ready too.

Sinon: "What is it? More battle training?"

Kirito: "Yeah... but you look pretty sleepy. I could come back another time..."

Sinon: "No, I'm good to go. I don't have anything else to do, anyway."

And so we made our way out into the wilds of Floor 76. Thanks to U/N's training, Sinon was at a high enough level to be able to deal with the mobs out here without much issue. But she's still yet to find a weapon that suits her....

Sinon: "...!"

*slash* *slash*

I currently had her doing some practise reps with her most familiar of weapon types, that being a dagger that we had Lisbeth make for her. Sinon did have some dagger from U/N, but she said she didn't want to waste it on training because it was a pretty special dagger. Even though we tried to tell her that durability can be easily repaired... I guess everyone has their preferences? And it's not like Lisbeth would turn down an excuse to flaunt her stuff, and to get a little smithing experience back under her name too!

Kirito: "Yeah! You're doing great! A few more reps and you'll be ready for a real battle!"

Sinon: "A few more reps? How many more do I have to do?"

Kirito: "Well, practise makes perfect, so... Maybe a hundred more times?"

Sinon: "A hundred?!"

Kirito: "You also have to practise basic weapon handling

Kirito: "You also have to practise basic weapon handling. Sword skills take a while to recharge..."

Sinon: "You really take your training seriously, huh? Maybe too seriously..."

Kirito: "Huh? But didn't you start off learning with U/N? I'd be sure they were way more serious about this stuff than me...?"

Sinon: "Not at all. They'd let me swing whatever weapon I had a couple of times to get the feel of it, then they'd teach me how to activate the beginner sword skills for whatever I had in my hand and then they'd just leave me to attack the monsters for an hour or so, or until I realised I didn't like that weapon."