Chapter 25: Repercussions

Well... it's been a couple minutes since Argo sent that message to me, I'm coming up short for a safe exit out of this. Guess I should just open up the gate and get this over with...

I then go to the Teleport Gate and place a hand on it's frame, this touch activates the mechanism to now allow for players to teleport to and from this location.

Now, do I go to them or do they come to me? Maybe I'll ask Argo in a message real qui-

*DING*

She beat me to it:

"

Smart choice. We're coming to you.

"

Moments after I open the message I hear the distinct noise of teleporting players accompanied by a short-lived but blindingly bright light coming from the Teleport Gate, once the light had passed I could then see the party of players who were to be occupation for the foreseeable future... but at least I was in a safe zone!

Y/N: "he- Hey guys, it's uh- this town's quite cool, no?"

Argo: "Yeh yeh, there'll be time for sightseein' later, but let's head to the inn for now and get a private room before the other players get here, I already sent a message to the two big guilds that the boss was about to be beaten-"

As if on queue the Teleport Gate begun to light up again, and out of it stepped a large group of players who all seemed to be arguing amongst themselves, I didn't really recognise any of them except for the loudest one... the one that started the altercation in the First Boss Room, with the rather spiky hair that proclaimed Kirito to be a Beater... I don't know if I ever learnt his username.

The large group hadn't noticed us yet due to their argument, but before they could I felt someone link arms with me, turning my head to the perpetrator I see Asuna with a forced smile on her face of which emitted quite the angry aura.

Asuna: "Come along now U/N. Let's. Head. To. The. Inn... Shall we?"

I simply nod sheepishly in her direction and allow her to escort me along with the rest of the party to the inn where we then occupy a private room, Asuna leads me to a seat and then sits down next to me- the rest of the party, who had remained silent so far, all took their seats too.

<Author's Note: I couldn't find an image of exactly the type of room I was thinking of but this image was pretty close, just imagine a larger table >

A short silence followed, but it felt like hours. All eyes were on me whilst I tentatively look down at the large dining table we were sat at.

. . .