Chapter 68: Interval Period

*STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER* - *STAB* *SHATTER*

[LEVEL-UP!]

Y/N: "Well, that's probably it for this floor then..."

 *STAB* *SHATTER*

Y/N: "Yep, that exp gain is negligible to the point it's not worth grinding anymore... well, at least not until I can get into the Labyrinth- but I have to wait on Asuna and Kirito to get to the point of their quest where Kizmel will unlock the Labyrinth for us to access."

So I guess for now I can send Argo what I've collected so far in terms of mapping and mob info, then I can make my way back to Town and see about doing something else for the rest of the day... and probably the rest of the week too actually.

*TIMESKIP*

Argo: "Ey, well it was nice seein' ya, I appreciate ya checkin' in and updatin' me despite ya sendin' me those messages already. Well I suppose I'll send ya a message or two with quest info for ya later. Speak to ya then U/N!"

Y/N: "Sounds good, see you around Argo!"

. . .

Well, I'd rather not wander around aimlessly hoping to run into a quest NPC like last Floor- I hated that, it was so awkward! So Plus there was the whole being mistaken for a sightseeing player because of how lost I looked. So I'll wait on Argo's message before I try chasing down any of the quests on this floor then I suppose.

Maybe I could take a look through my friend's list then, see if any of them are nearby and... I dunno, maybe see if I can help them out with something? Otherwise I'll just be sat in my room twiddling my thumbs for who knows how long until Kirito, Asuna and Kizmel open up the Labyrinth and it's Boss Room.

So... let's see... so I think Argo mentioned how to track friends a while ago right? So I guess first I have to go into my friends list, that's obvious enough and then I click that symbol next to their username for the extra options... and then it's this 'Track' button right?

AGIL -> TRACK PLAYER: FIFTH FLOOR - MARKETPLACE
He's probably working at his stall I'd imagine, last time I spoke to him it seemed he was doing well enough, but he's leader of a pretty decent mid-level guild so I don't think he'd be that desperate for help from me.

ARGO -> TRACK PLAYER: NINTH FLOOR - TOWN INN (198m away)
Not sure why I tracked her actually, I literally just finished a conversation with her!

ASUNA -> TRACK PLAYER: NINTH FLOOR - GOLDEN FOREST (2303m away)
Looks like she's out on the Field, so hopefully she's chipping well enough away at that questline, I'll probably leave her to it, they've probably got a working method that works for the two of them, if they need the help I'm sure they'll reach out to me.

KIRITO -> TRACK PLAYER: NINTH FLOOR - GOLDEN FOREST (2307m away)
Seems he's with still working with Asuna, judging by the distance away, so that confirms they're most likely working on the quest at least.

KOHARU -> TRACK PLAYER: THIRD FLOOR - WAVERING MISTS
She's up to the Third Floor already? She's really doing well for herself now! I'm glad to see it, hopefully if she needs help she'll know she can ask me, especially now I have so much time to kill...

LISBETH -> TRACK: NINTH FLOOR - TOWN COURTYARD (153m away)
I suppose she's probably at her shop... well, the spot that her anvil and sign sits on, but at least she gets the best spots! Maybe I'll ask her when we have dinner tonight if she wants me to gather her some ores from this floor?

PHILIA -> TRACK: SEVENTH FLOOR - LOCATION UNKNOWN
Location unknown? She's probably in a dungeon or something, but I'll keep checking up on her until she pops up on the map again... maybe I'll quickly send her a message now in case she needs anything... 

RAIN -> TRACK: NINTH FLOOR - TOWN INN (205m away)
Looks like she's spending time on the Main Floor of the Inn, maybe dealing with Argo? Or maybe she's just socialising with the other players, she seems the sort to be able to do that sort of rigmarole... 

SACHI -> TRACK: SECOND FLOOR - MOO MOO MILK RESTARAUNT
Oh, I could go for a cheesecake right about now! It's quite late in the afternoon now but still not quite dinner time... but I dunno, I guess it'd be kind of awkward to go and get one now knowing that she's there, and probably with her party of friends... maybe I'll try making another cheesecake myself perhaps?
I wouldn't mind getting some practice in for the next time I bake one with Silica, speaking of which...

SILICA -> TRACK: NINTH FLOOR - TOWN CENTER (3m away)
She's three meters away?-

Silica: "h- Hi U/N!"

Y/N: "Oh, hey Silica. What's up?"

Silica: "uh nothing! Really! I was just wandering..."

Pina: "Kyuuuuu..."

Y/N: "Hey Pina. She seems a little down, has she run out of her feed?"

Silica: "No! No! We've still got quite a lot left, thanks again for that, it's really helped me out!"

Y/N: "So it's something else?"

Pina: "Kyuuuu... Kyuuuuu..."

As Pina mewed she nudged her head against Silica's cheeks... similar to how a person's loyal pet would try to cheer up their owner.

Y/N: "Oh, I think I get it!

Silica: "You do?! What is it? Pina's been like this all day and I don't know how to help her!"

Y/N: "hmmm... w- Well, are you free for the rest of the day?"

Silica: "Yeah! I'm done for the day, I just didn't know what to do about Pina..."

Y/N: "Great, so would you like to come over for dinner and cheesecake maybe?"

Silica: "Are you sure? i- I wouldn't want to intrude..."

Y/N: "Of course! And it's completely okay - I don't have anywhere else I need to be for probably a week or so. So feel free to come find me whenever you want to talk or anything at all, okay?"

Silica: "Really? Thanks! So, do you think maybe you could go with me into the Field one day? I'd like to try levelling up a little better and I'd feel safer if you were with me and Pina..."

Y/N: "Sure, whenever you want to go, just let me know okay? But for now, want to head out? And hopefully I won't ruin the cheesecake!"

<1049 words>