Chapter 116: The Ghastlygaze

December 20th, 2024 - Floor 76

It's been a couple of days since I returned back to Aincrad with a well-levelled Sinon in tow, when Asuna told me they were planning to beat the Floor Boss of Floor 76 by the week's end... But I didn't really expect it to be this soon!

We were all currently standing by the Teleport Gate, all of us who would be involved in this raid. And now that Heathcliff was no longer with us, Asuna took up the mantle as leader of the Knights of the Blood guild and was directing the meeting before we would teleport and enter the Boss Room.

 And now that Heathcliff was no longer with us, Asuna took up the mantle as leader of the Knights of the Blood guild and was directing the meeting before we would teleport and enter the Boss Room

Asuna: "The Boss is called 'The Ghastlygaze' and is a Watcher-type creature. From the intel we've managed to gather so far, we've discerned that it performs attacks with its tentacles and has a couple of AoE attacks, one of which is a series of quick attacks from its tentacles-" 

Considering the bombshell that Heathcliff dropped on everybody who was in the Boss Room of Floor 75, I could only imagine that many of the players here may be quite wary of trusting a singular player to lead them again, especially the player that Kayaba had as his second in command... but it seems that Asuna has truly taken charge and inspired people to not only trust her but to also follow her lead with the utmost respect.

Asuna: "-This can be easily dodged or parried; however the AoE attack from its eye is less easy to dodge, this attack can stun or paralyze any within the area... but it has a long enough charge-up time that we can interrupt with stunning attacks of our own."

Now this is where I assume the tactics to deal with this boss will be discussed, right?

Asuna: "It is weak to Thrust-type attacks, so spears and rapiers will do exceptionally well here for those of you trained to use them. And, when it comes to damage mitigation, the basic tentacle attacks should be easy enough to dodge or parry as long as you pay attention; and we can prevent it from using its paralyzing attack for a short while by inflicting enough damage on its eye."

Asuna then stepped down from the elevated platform she was standing on and went over to stand beside Kirito, her duo party member for this Boss Raid.

Asuna: "Please make sure you confirm your roles and strategies with your partner. And then let us head to the Labyrinth. Good luck, everyone."

???: "Huh, that was really kinda intense... I'm feeling anxious and I didn't even make the team!"

Y/N: "hmm? oh... Hey Sinon! So you were listening in on that too then?"

 Hey Sinon! So you were listening in on that too then?"