Chapter 64: Yielding to Cuteness

Y/N: "Stuck in a rut about something Asuna?"

Asuna: "mmm..."

Y/N: "Is it about the quest rewards?"

Asuna: "Yeah..."

Y/N: "Not a fan of Maple Syrup?"

Asuna: "I don't think I've ever had it before... is it good?"

Y/N: "I've always liked it, but I only ever really had it for Pancake Day."

Asuna: "There's a day for pancakes?"

Y/N: "... oh right, I forgot that's not really a thing in Japan."

Asuna: "Oh, so it's from something abroad then?"

Y/N: "Yeah, it's actually called Shrove Tuesday but most people just know it as the day you'll have Pancakes for dinner... I don't actually know what it is meant to celebrate, probably something to do with Lent I'd guess."

Asuna: "Oh, I know about Lent! ... So, do you know when Shrove Tuesday was meant to be this year?"

Y/N: "ummmm, it's the 16th February this year. So 13 days from now. Why?"

Asuna: "Well, maybe that could be something nice we could all do sometime? Especially because we just got given the ability to gather Maple Syrup from that quest... also..."

Y/N: "hmm?"

Asuna: "That seems like a really random date to remember, if you don't mind my asking... is there a reason why you remembered that?"

Y/N: "ummmm... ah... t- there might be..."

Asuna: "So... is it about this Shrove Tuesday or rather another date during the month that's nearby?"

Y/N: "t- That seems like a very uh- precise question... oh. You've been talking with Lisbeth haven't you?!"

Asuna: "Yep! We've been talking with each other for a while now, and she mentioned in a message this morning about how you paused by the calendar in your inn room..."

Y/N: "It doesn't matter, it's nothing important."

Asuna: "Oh! Now that I'm rereading this message from her, she actually mentioned Pancake Day, I guess I read over that without realising it, I wonder why she knows about Pancake Day too?"

Y/N: "Well, I'd consider Lisbeth to be a foodie, so maybe that's why-"

???: "OI, YOU WATCH IT U/N!"

Y/N: "oh.. hey Lisbeth, fancy running into you..."

Lisbeth: "I was under the impression you were on your way to see me? I mean, I'm sat in my spot- you ran into me!"

Y/N: "We were?"

Asuna: "I was, I wanted to finally get around to refining my rapier- but I guess you came with whilst you consoled me."

Lisbeth: "Not a fun quest?"

Asuna: "mmmm... the quest wasn't too fun no. But I enjoyed our talk U/N, we should do that more often- and then I wouldn't just be lecturing you every time I managed to catch a couple minutes of your time!"

Y/N: "s- sure, I don't mind. But I'm going to get going for now, maybe have a look at the quest reward or something... bye Asuna, and see you tonight Liz."

Asuna: "Bu-bye U/N! Let's meet up again sometime soon!"

Lisbeth: "See ya later U/N!"