Chapter 104: Smith by the Sea

Saturday 18th May, 2024 - six months before the 75th Floor Boss was cleared.

It's been a couple of months now, since Lisbeth had moved out of our shared inn room and into her own place. We really haven't met too often since then, I think it was actually just the once when I came to her housewarming party... we occasionally message each other, sure. But when we used to see each other and eat meals together every single day... it's really quite weird to have not seen her at all in so long.

But in our messages we agreed to meet up today, after all today was her birthday- and there's no way I was going to let her go without celebrating it like we used to!

Unfortunately, today was a pre-scheduled boss fight. Today would be the day the 60th Boss Room was cleared and everybody was doing their last-minute preparations... and due to the timing of the engagement, the Boss Fight would end up taking up almost the entire day.

So I sent a message to Asuna that I wouldn't be attending this Boss Fight today, Asuna was fine with it but when Lisbeth found out she really pushed for me to go to the Boss Fight and for us to celebrate her birthday some other day... but that's not happening!

*Knock Knock*

Lisbeth: "Huh? The storefront door is on the other side if you're here for equipment or repairs!"

*Knock Knock*

Lisbeth: "I said: not that door! Go around!"

*Knock Knock Knock*

Lisbeth: "Urgh! Fine, fine! I'm coming!"

*CREAK*

Y/N: "Hey Liz! Took you long enough! Happy Birthday!"

Lisbeth: "sigh Of course it was you U/N!... w-Wait a second, what are you doing here? I thought the Boss Fight was today!"

Y/N: "It is, but I already told you I wasn't going to go to this one, didn't I?"

Lisbeth: "AND I told you that you should go! I don't mind it, honest! I know you guys didn't get a choice in what day you all did the raid..."

Y/N: "Heh, well one positive of you having your own place is that you have way less power over me now! And it's too late to join up now, they're already in the Boss Room by now and the roster was full."

Lisbeth: "Ha! You say that like I ever managed to persuade you to do anything!"

Y/N: "y-You're kidding right? You've been such a good influence on me! I'd still be a total shut-in if it wasn't for you!"

Lisbeth: "w-w-What are you saying, you idiot! I didn't do anything! If anything it was all Asuna and Argo's nagging... r- right?"

Y/N: "hmmm... I mean-... yeah, I suppose their collective nagging whipped me into a more reliable person... but mumbles"

Lisbeth: "Haha! I didn't quite catch that last bit!"

Y/N: "..."

Lisbeth: "Awww, come on! Don't go pouting on me! You were the one who said it in the first place! Come on! I want to hear what you said!... Pleeeease?"

Y/N: "...hmmm... fine."

Lisbeth: "Yay!-"

Y/N: "-BUT. Only after we've done something for your birthday. Today!"