Chapter 103: Full Power of Valyrian Remnants

YEAR 133 AC

King's Landing ― Mud Gate...

The Targaryen men-at-arms, clad in their distinctive black and red armor, worked tirelessly alongside the Velaryon sailors in a synchronized and efficient effort, their muscles straining as they loaded barrels of provisions, crates of weapons, and bundles of arrows onto the waiting ships. The air was thick with anticipation as each man knew the battle ahead would test their skill and loyalty to the royal House Targaryen. Once word had reached them of the Triarchy remnants' preparations for an invasion, the Blacks wasted no time organizing a response.

With Corlys Velaryon assuming command of the Blacks' naval forces, he was given the freedom to act without being bound by political bureaucracy and with access to the crown's resources. This put Corlys in a much better position than before, allowing him to wield his authority as Master of Ships more freely, unencumbered by the constraints that often hindered those in government positions. This gave him greater flexibility and control over his actions. His piercing eyes surveyed the scene before him atop his flagship, the Sea Snake, confident he would seize complete victory against the Triarchy. Corlys was a seasoned veteran who sailed nine voyages across the world and led his fleet to numerous victories in the past, earning his reputation as a formidable naval commander. The Velaryon fleet stood at the forefront of their maritime might as each ship floated along the banks of the Blackwater. The men aboard these ships were experienced sailors, their expertise honed through years of navigating treacherous waters and engaging in fierce naval combat. With over 200 ships at their disposal, each meticulously maintained and armed, stood at the forefront of their maritime might as each vessel floated along the banks of the Blackwater. Lord Corlys ensured that every ship was fully equipped, from the weaponry to the provisions, leaving no room for weakness or vulnerability.

But the Velaryon fleet was not alone in this endeavor.

King Aeonar I of House Targaryen entered the fray against the Triarchy as he had done before twenty years ago and dispatched reinforcements to bolster his allies. These Targaryen knights, led by skilled commanders, stood side by side with the Velaryon counterparts, their banners proudly displaying the three-headed dragon sigil on their breastplates. Accompanied by a contingent of nine dragons, they would take to the skies, raining down fire and destroying their enemies. Five of these dragons had proven their worth in battle before, their mere presence instilling fear and awe in the hearts of their foes. With their aerial advantage, they could scout the enemy's movements, disrupt their formations, and assist the Velaryon fleet. The combined Targaryen-Velaryon might was a force to be reckoned with.

As the loading of cargo onto the ships neared completion, the tension among the men-at-arms and sailors grew. They knew the battle ahead would be fierce and unforgiving, but they were ready to fight with every ounce of their strength. The Blacks had prepared meticulously, leaving no stone unturned, and their determination burned bright within them.

"We've made the necessary preparations. All ships are fully loaded and ready to embark, and our sailors are fully assembled. Per the quest of His Grace and Lord Corlys, we've searched out the veterans to help establish order among our volunteers," Addam of Hull said, carefully studying a detailed map depicting the Narrow Sea connecting the continents of Westeros and Essos. The map was adorned with miniature representations of the Velaryon ships, Targaryen dragons, and Triarchy armada, strategically placed to provide a comprehensive overview of the region. A group of commanders gathered around the map, intently studying it to gain valuable insights and plan their next move.

"A Lynese admiral commands all their ships, and a Tyroshi general leads its corsairs," Alyn mentioned.

"Sharako Lohar and Racallio Ryndoon," Jacaerys mentioned. "Yes, we know about them. Lohar is known for his expertise in sea-faring and his inclination towards murder, while Ryndoon is said to be just as skilled in close-quarters combat and is a cunning adversary. He nearly killed our lord grandfather the last time their paths crossed. What makes this different is that they both have a thirst for vengeance. They will be just as tenacious as they are dangerous. What else do we know?"