Chapter 85: Third Royal Wedding

*WARNING*: The following content may not be appropriate for certain persons under the age of 18 (depending on the legal age requirements in countries outside the United States) and may contain NSFW material such as strong language, nudity, profanity, and/or sexual themes that some viewers may find offensive. If you are under eighteen, do not view such content. Viewer discretion is advised.

If you are eighteen and up, enjoy!

--------------------------

Red Keep ― Maegor's Holdfast...

The chiming of the bells resounded through the capital city, announcing the forthcoming nuptials of Prince Jaehaerys and Lady Baela Targaryen, both of whom were second cousins. The wedding was arranged to uphold the age-old customs of Old Valyria while simultaneously uniting House Velaryon with the Iron Throne through blood. However, due to the ongoing crisis, the usual festivities were canceled, and instead, a modest ceremony was arranged for the couple to exchange their vows.

On the day of the wedding, Baela's serving maid drew a bath for her and filled it with piping hot water. She meticulously scrubbed every inch of Baela's body until she was immaculately clean. Meanwhile, Aemma's handmaiden, Dyana, tended to Baela's hands and feet, trimming and buffing her nails until they shone. Baela's sister, Rhaena, helped her prepare for the ceremony, carefully brushing her chin-length hair. Rhaena couldn't help but admire Aemma's handiwork on her sister's silver-white Valyrian locks, which were incredibly smooth. "Ooh, Baela, you look so pretty!" she marveled.

Looking at the reflecting panel so she could see herself, Baela felt embarrassed. By the gods, she looked so girly. "Are you sure I need to wear this?" Baela didn't have any complaints as she was going to marry Jaehaerys. However, she wished she could wear her leather hunting tunic or riding attire, as it would showcase both her strong and feminine side. Unfortunately, such clothing was unsuitable for a formal event and might make her appear more boyish than ladylike.

"Oh, hush. This is a big day for you two," Aemma shook her head. As her cousin stands before her, the princess delicately weaves her fingers through the intricate lace of Baela's stunning white gown. The sleeveless dress boasts a luxurious blend of ivory samite and cloth-of-silver and is elegantly lined with silvery satin. The bodice features a daring slash down the front, reaching almost to Baela's midriff, concealed by an ornate lace panel. The voluminous skirts cascade gracefully to the floor while the waist is cinched so tightly that Baela struggles to breathe. Yet, at the same time, it also doesn't even attempt to conceal her stunning physique. To complete the ensemble, she is gifted a pair of soft grey doeskin slippers that embrace her feet with a lover's touch. "There you go. All done," she stepped back. "By the Mother, Rhaena's right, Baela. You look so beautiful! Jay won't be able to keep his eyes off you when he sees you in that dress."

"You think so?" Baela spun, her skirts swirling around her. If he does, then wait until he sees what I have in store for him tonight.

"Well, if I know my brother at all, he's more likely to stumble over his own words."

"I'd certainly hope so. Tough guy better keep his tongue in his mouth too."

"He loves you."

"I know he does. I feel the same. But you know... it's almost funny. Strange, even. When I was 10, I never dreamed of getting married or settling down. I had no interest in it. Mother even joked about it to Prince Reggio when we still lived in Pentos - much to my discomfort."

"What made you change your mind?"

"Your brother. I don't... know how to describe it. Not really. I'm not a word person, Aemma. Other people say what they mean better than I do. But with Jay, it's... different. It's hard to explain."