What If...

What If... There Was A Soul World?

Again, like my other imagines in this series, you aren't in it as the reader, but I hope you still give this a read!

This is also my personal interpretation of the Soul World, so please be nice.

One second, Bucky was watching his body turn into dust.

The next, he was laying in a giant grassy field. It was tall grass, too, so he would have to move to see what the hell was going on.

It felt weird, first feeling his limbs disappear and then having all that feeling back. He felt very heavy for some reason.

Bucky sat up, and slowly but surely, got to a stand. He looked all around him, seeing nothing but the same endless glass for miles. There were some large rocks here and there, but nothing else.

Looking up at the sky, he noticed it was a strange orange color, as it would be if there were a sunrise. But as he looked around, Bucky couldn't find anything.

"Hello?" Bucky sharply turned to look in the direction of the voice. He could see the grass rustling around, and out came King T'Challa. "Barnes, what... where are we?"

He shook his head. "How the hell am I supposed to know?" he asked.

Neither man spoke and just looked at each other with worry. Suddenly, they heard more and more voices. Bucky looked around and saw Wakandan warriors appeared out of the grass, equally as confused as himself and the King.

"What the hell's going on..." Bucky whispered to himself as he continued to look around. As he did, he saw more and more just appearing. The tree from space that came down with Thor. Random citizens from all different places.

Turning, he saw Wanda standing from the grass, grief-stricken and confused.

Then he heard a noise from a person he definitely knew. "Sam!" Bucky called, moving over to the shuffling grass where he heard the confused noise come from. When he got there, he saw Sam laying on the ground, just as confused as everyone else.

"Bucky?" Sam asked, accepting the help to his feet. When he was standing, he looked around this place with panicked confusion. "What the fuck..." he mumbled. At least he didn't ask Bucky what had happened.

"People just keep... showing up. I don't know what's going on, I don't know where we are..." Bucky trailed off. He almost admitted he was scared. He knew Sam wouldn't make fun of him for it, not right now. But he didn't want to admit it out loud.

Sam shook his head, still trying to process things. "How big is this place?" he then asked.

Bucky looked around, too. For miles and miles, there was nothing but tall grass. Endless grass. There were no hills, trees, buildings- there was nothing.

"What do we do?" Bucky asked quietly, finally feeling the fear creeping out.

But all Sam could do was shake his head. "I don't... I don't know."

They weren't the only ones in this position. Mantis could feel something was wrong, and the others didn't know what to make of her warning until she simply disappeared.

Peter freaked out and looked at the other Peter's face, who had been right next to her when she disappeared. He was terrified.

They all looked around, going to Drax as one of his arms went, followed by the rest of his body. All turned to dust.

"Steady, Quill." Be even he, too, disappeared into a cloud of thick dust. Peter had no idea what was going on, his heart rate skyrocketing to the fastest it has ever physically gone.