The Oscars

I've set this during the 2022 Academy Awards for reference

Your breaths were shallow and hands shaky. There is no way this is happening, right? For what felt like the hundredth time, you shook your hands to try and get the nerves away.

"Darling, you need to stop moving so much or I'm going to stick you," a British voice came from behind. You looked in the mirror to see the specialist glaring at you again. She looked away and went back to her last-minute alternations.

You looked down at where your feet were (or where the should be if you could see them) and mumbled out, "Sorry. Again."

The alterations specialist, Brandi Coleman, was doing the last touches to your gown for your first Academy Awards. Yep, the Oscars where the world finds out who is the best. You were nominated for your first lead actress role.

It still all felt like a complete dream. How you managed to get nominated for your first leading role, you'll never know. Of course you were ecstatic, but you were also about to be on a red carpet with some of the biggest names in the film industry.

"Okay, I'm done," Brandi said and stood up. You snapped out of your thoughts and looked over yourself in the mirror.

The dress was stunning. It was a gorgeous floor length gown with a v-neck and a cape attached to the sleeves that flowed out behind you beautifully. There was lace and beading on the top that spread in floral designs. The dress was also backless with some floral lace designs along the edge of that. The cape was translucent, and you played around with it while looking in the mirror.

With your hair all done up and some simple earrings and necklace on, you truly felt ready. You lifted your skirt to take a look at the heels you were wearing. You'd be about the same height as your date tonight in these.

Speaking of: "FRIDAY, could you get Tony to come in here? I want him to see how I look," you asked quietly. The AI didn't respond to you, but a few minutes later the door was opening.

"I've gotta say, nothing is better than being able to dress up in a nice suit and get free..." You turned around and smiled widely at Tony as he looked at you in awe.

As he admired you, you admired the way he looked in his sleek black tux where the bowtie and pocket square matched your dress in color. You snuck a peak at his shoes and smiled at the fact that they had small heels.

He walked towards you. "You look stunning, (Y/n). I'm going to have the prettiest date at the Oscars," he said. Brandi Coleman slipped out of the room quietly as Tony leaned in to give you a kiss.

"Careful, don't want to get my lipstick on you," you warned, making sure none of it smeared off onto him. He smiled and kissed your cheek instead. "Thank you."

Tony held his arm out and you grabbed onto it. "Correction: we're going to be the hottest couple there," he said. You burst out laughing and Tony joined you.

When the laughing died down, doubts and nerves started to settle in instead and the smile on your face fell. It didn't go unnoticed by Tony- he never missed anything when it came to you. "Hey, what's wrong?"

You sighed lightly and used your free hand to smooth out nonexistent wrinkles in your dress. It was silent for a couple more seconds as Tony patiently waited for you to speak.

"I'm just so nervous about tonight. It's my first Academy Awards- hell, it's my first award show of this caliber. What if I pull a Jennifer Lawrence and fall on the stairs? Or embarrass myself on the red carpet? I don't want to hype myself up over the fact that I might win and then... not. I just..." you finished the nervous rambling with a sigh and leaned your head on Tony's shoulder.