Too Good At Faking It

I've got a request here from scoutsofty! I hope I did it justice, and I hope you feel honored being the last request in this book lol

After the Battle of New York of 2012, tensions were high. Especially surrounding Loki. After a while, and a lot of convincing on Thor's end, Loki was able to take up residence at the Avengers Tower.

A lot of precautions were taken when he first came. Magic inhibitors, constant babysitters, cameras- you name it. Thor worked tirelessly with Loki to make sure he had changed and then worked even more tirelessly with the other Avengers to get them to start taking bigger steps toward trusting Loki.

You weren't too hard to convince. You weren't a part of the actual fight, but you still weren't Loki's biggest fan directly after. He did try to take over your home planet, after all, by starting with your home state.

Then he was around in the tower and you got to know him. The two of you got so far as to start having genuine conversations when he found out you, too, enjoyed reading lots of different types of books.

Once he was given more access and the chains loosened, you got to a point where you could confidently call Loki a friend. A good one at that. Maybe a bit more than that.

Developing feelings was the last thing that you thought would happen. And yet it still happened. Not just because he looks absolutely phenomenal, but because he was a truly good person once you got to know him.

After you found out the truth behind his invasion, you felt a lot less guilty for your feelings and wanted to even try to pursue them.

Then, reality would set back in, and you'd realize he'd never feel the same about you. He was a literal God. You might be more than an average human, what with your power to control nature and some natural things, but that probably didn't make much of a difference in his mind.

He mentioned once that he's technically hundreds, maybe thousands of years old. There's no way he'd want to be with someone who might only make it to a hundred if they're lucky.

So, you guys just remained friends. Then, when Loki was officially cleared to start doing missions with the Avengers, you became mission buddies. It was obvious that you guys were more friendly with each other than almost every other Avenger, so you worked together a lot.

Just... never in this way.

"So... an undercover mission? Where Loki and I are posing as... a... couple... okay," you said, looking over the file in your hands. Loki was with Thor and others, probably also going over the same mission.

You were with Natasha and Maria Hill. They were to help you get ready for this mission. Maria was there mostly to make sure you memorized all the right aspects of the cover, Natasha to get wardrobe and makeup.

"Yes," Hill said. "You two are black market arms dealers and sometimes brokers for some very powerful people. How's your British accent by the way?"

You thought for a second. "Good enough. I could binge some Harry Potter if I need to work on it."

Maria shook her head. "Unfortunately we don't have enough time, the event is tonight. Maybe just watch some random videos on different pronunciations and slang differences."

You nodded and pulled your phone out to search up some random videos, meant for teaching someone English, but you'd use their British accents instead.

Everyone moved and did their own things to help you get ready. Natasha made sure to get the right outfit out- a stunning gown that just so happened to be in your favorite color, (y/f/c)- and all the accessories to go with. Then, she was getting ready to start on makeup for you since you weren't the best and for this mission, you needed to look unrecognizable and flawless.